Giygas Final Destination
Recently I decided to start learning the C# programming language since I’m way behind the times and only program in C anymore. So to kick off my foray into the language, I started by doing some EarthBound hacking with it!
What I’ve done is “reshuffle” lots of stuff in the game and introduced a lot of random changes too, with stats, actions, and more. A few days ago I showed it to Poe and she loved it enough to make a video out of a random play:
It’s surprisingly cool – the level of uncertainty about everything and the new challenge it brings makes it feel like you’re playing EarthBound again for the first time!
Anyway, the full program isn’t ready yet – when it is I’ll release it and then anybody can create zillions of crazy versions of EarthBound. But for now here’s a sample of the kind of stuff it’ll do:
(Note that the contents of the patch are different from what you see in the video)
I think it’d be fun to do a community playthrough of a new patch like this every couple months – what do you think?
Also, if you try the patch out and have any suggestions for any other stuff I can mess with, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound Reshuffle Demo Hack
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.