Miyamoto and EarthBound 64
Recently I decided to start learning the C# programming language since I’m way behind the times and only program in C anymore. So to kick off my foray into the language, I started by doing some EarthBound hacking with it!
What I’ve done is “reshuffle” lots of stuff in the game and introduced a lot of random changes too, with stats, actions, and more. A few days ago I showed it to Poe and she loved it enough to make a video out of a random play:
It’s surprisingly cool – the level of uncertainty about everything and the new challenge it brings makes it feel like you’re playing EarthBound again for the first time!
Anyway, the full program isn’t ready yet – when it is I’ll release it and then anybody can create zillions of crazy versions of EarthBound. But for now here’s a sample of the kind of stuff it’ll do:
(Note that the contents of the patch are different from what you see in the video)
I think it’d be fun to do a community playthrough of a new patch like this every couple months – what do you think?
Also, if you try the patch out and have any suggestions for any other stuff I can mess with, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound Reshuffle Demo Hack
Featured Item on eBay:
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues