Itoi and the MOTHER 2 iPhone Case
Recently I decided to start learning the C# programming language since I’m way behind the times and only program in C anymore. So to kick off my foray into the language, I started by doing some EarthBound hacking with it!
What I’ve done is “reshuffle” lots of stuff in the game and introduced a lot of random changes too, with stats, actions, and more. A few days ago I showed it to Poe and she loved it enough to make a video out of a random play:
It’s surprisingly cool – the level of uncertainty about everything and the new challenge it brings makes it feel like you’re playing EarthBound again for the first time!
Anyway, the full program isn’t ready yet – when it is I’ll release it and then anybody can create zillions of crazy versions of EarthBound. But for now here’s a sample of the kind of stuff it’ll do:
(Note that the contents of the patch are different from what you see in the video)
I think it’d be fun to do a community playthrough of a new patch like this every couple months – what do you think?
Also, if you try the patch out and have any suggestions for any other stuff I can mess with, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound Reshuffle Demo Hack
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...