May 1st, 2012 | Auctions, EarthBound, Merchandise

Once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get the best deals and avoid getting ripped off. Here are the latest numbers if you’re interested:

Average Prices:

• EarthBound cart: $166 (up from $157, lowest: $90 / highest: $221.97)
  • EarthBound guide: $82 (down from $154, lowest: $47 / highest: $119)
  • EarthBound complete set: $564 (up from $430, lowest: $200 / highest: $1217.85)

It looks like the guide prices have come back down to more “sane” levels, but the carts and the complete sets continue to go up in price. Part of the reason the average for complete sets is so high this month is due to a brand-new copy of EarthBound that sold, without it, the average price still rose to $458 from $430, though.

Man, with each passing month these updates sound more and more like stock reports 😯 I don’t know the first thing about stocks, though, so maybe I oughta check out Wall Street Kid for some learnin’.

Anyway, as always, there’s lots of buying tips and info on buyearthbound.com, so check it out if you’re planning to buy any of the above anytime soon – you could save loads of money!

18 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (May 2012)

Miles of SmashWiki said on May. 1, 2012

The first two things on the report on buyearthbound.com are somebody listing unrelated SNES titles with “EARTHBOUND” tacked on the end. 😐

H said on May. 2, 2012

Just picked up a copy from a lady on Facebook who VERY OBVIOUSLY didn’t know what she had…paid a whopping $10 for it 😀

Moonside said on May. 2, 2012

Judging from H’s post, It looks like my hunt isnt futile. I’m searching every yard sale for Earthbound. The money isnt going to Itoi or anyone who made the game, anyway. So I’m still waiting to get it.

Mato said on May. 2, 2012

Man, that’s an amazing price, you just made zillions of people jealous all at once 😛

Stevesesy said on May. 2, 2012

Tomato, buck just spent $500 on that EarthBound key chain. lol

Schlupi said on May. 2, 2012

So friggin glad I got my loose copy for 150 a few weeks back, and dang, so glad I got my complete set (best condition one I saw on Ebay in forever, near mint) now as well. Paid a little extra but it’s on the rise and it came with a UV protected case so I think it was a good investment. I also got MOTHER 3 and MOTHER 2 again, now just to hunt down a Deluxe Box…

TBird said on May. 2, 2012

Wow, EB carts are really up! I got my loose cart for under $40

JOsh Johnson said on May. 2, 2012

wow, I bought my cart for $70 like 2-3 years back…. Thats pretty cheap now.

DD said on May. 2, 2012

Good job H. I’m always glad to hear some people are still able to get the games at good prices.

H said on May. 2, 2012

I was doing the yardsale thing a couple years ago after reading a “retro” review of Earthbound in Nintendo Power and found my 1st copy of the game for…no kidding here… 50 cents! I was speechless! My wife didn’t believe me that it could be worth as much as I said it was, but I proved the AWESOMENESS of EB a few months ago when it sold for $143.50…I had a HORRIBLE time dealing w/ selling it, but we needed money and I figured I would NEVER see another copy of the game (outside of emulation) until the facebook post came up and I saw that lovely yellow Starman poking up from behind a couple of sports games, I HAD to save it at any cost…luckily, as I mentioned before, the lady was clueless and I scored big time. So, Moonside, don’t give up hope, carts are out there, you just need to be in the right place at the right time. The Earthbound gods have been very blessing to me 😀

H said on May. 2, 2012

And, just to clarify, I wasn’t trying to make anyone jealous or upset, just wanted to show that there IS hope out there, that’s all

DD said on May. 3, 2012

@H: Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It’s always good to be optimistic.

Joey said on May. 3, 2012

Got my cart for $50. Pretty decent price. Guess it’s time to buy the guide. This is like the stock market, you almost never can win 🙁

What is a username? Anybody??? said on May. 3, 2012

Has anybody thought of buying both and save plenty of money?

Starstorm said on May. 3, 2012

The man who bought earthbound for $90 is making me jelly.

S-Pac said on May. 7, 2012

It’s getting ridiculous now…I’m so glad I bought this game back in the day.
Anyway, I heard that some guy online found a loose cart of Earthbound for $1 at his local Goodwill. I’m not kidding.

Ness1985 said on May. 7, 2012

Man, I bought my copy for $150 and got the guide for $80 3 months ago.

Fuzzy Pickles said on May. 9, 2012

I still have my original copy that I played when I was 6. Got it from a grandparent,which means they probably got it when it was bargain bin prices because I don’t see them shelling out 100 dollars for a game that was meant for all their grandchildren to play while visiting. I’m lucky the other kids prefered other games like donkey kong,Mario world, etc or there might have been a brawl over who gets to keep the game! :p I’m just glad I had it before they reached these prices.I guess nostalgia comes with a price now lol

Find Merchandise!