Hyper’s MOTHER 3 Review
Over the past couple weeks there’s been a lot of talk about games being financed through Kickstarter – it seems like everyone and their dog has a Kickstarter game in the works 😛 Anyway, here are two EarthBound-y-ish ones that people have been discussing!
First up is Boot Hill Heroes, which has already gotten a good amount of press. It’s described thusly:
Take one part Final Fantasy, one part Earthbound, and one part Chrono Trigger – then dip the whole thing in spicy Wild West sauce! Boot Hill Heroes is a true retro RPG set in the American Wild West. You’ll find all the trappings of a spaghetti western – gunslingers, saloons, Indians, ranches, spittoons, Mexican standoffs, heroism, villainy, and everything in between. Boot Hill Heroes has adventure, drama, and a fair helping of humor. It’s just like the classic RPGs you remember from yesteryear but with an inventive new spin!
Next, here’s a project by Yui, meant to be “an EarthBound-inspired game with some modern twists to it”:
So there you go! It’s neat to see EarthBound fans growing up and working on games of their own 🙂
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to EarthBound-like Kickstarter Games
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!