Random Post:

Pokey Tattoo

May 10th, 2012 | EarthBound, Videos

For some reason, dying in EarthBound is sometimes glitchy, as we’ve seen in past posts. Here’s another glitch that can apparently happen somehow:

Off the top of my head, here’s another dying glitch: Simultaneous defeat glitch

If you’ve run into any weird stuff like this before, let me know! I love hearing about how people make games screw up without trying 😛

10 Comments to EarthBound Game Over Glitch

dwiese1998 said on May. 10, 2012

Yeah another article i recomended!

Ness1985 said on May. 10, 2012

Sounds like Giygas influenced your cart.

Anonymous said on May. 10, 2012

hnnng

PKbleblah said on May. 10, 2012

it sounds like the ‘lost battle’ music melted over the ‘game over’ music :O

Clockwork64 said on May. 10, 2012

This sounds like The weirdest EB song and Its melted

Espyo said on May. 11, 2012

Seems like a cartridge glitch. The guy died, got a bit upset, jerked his controller a bit, which made the cord move the console a bit, causing the game to freeze and do that. Happens all the time with cartridge-based consoles. One tiny bump, and bam, scary music.

Mikeja78 said on May. 11, 2012

Well, it creeped me out.

Dialga Thunderstar said on May. 19, 2012

ouch. That’s seriously creepy.

Crystal said on May. 31, 2012

Heh, this reminds me of when I was playing last week around my birthday (a tradition of mine), and I had a Smiling Sphere explode in my face, after Paula and Jeff already kicked the bucket. Ness got owned, but the game figured I had won because the enemy died before me. But I died, so I won! But I lost…

Ness gained *Glitch* *Frozen w/ winning song*

I’ve heard of this happening in emulators where you can get 4 trillion exp from it. Very odd!

Vince94 said on Aug. 26, 2013

Whoa, this is exactly what happens when you forget to turn off the Pitch Bend effect in EBMusEd!