EarthBound Price Update (May 2015)
For years, EarthBound ROM hackers have had to use tools like PK Hack that edit the ROM directly. This approach makes it easy to understand for most people, but whenever it comes to making complicated modifications, it’s very limiting.
To combat this, Mr. Tenda has created a new EarthBound hacking tool suite called CoilSnake. Instead of editing the EarthBound ROM directly to make a hack, you instead edit text files and .PNG files, then use the CoilSnake tool suite to “build” your hack for you.
This is actually how complicated ROM hacking projects do it, including the MOTHER 3 and MOTHER 1+2 translations. So now EarthBound ROM hackers have a ton of new power at their fingertips!
If you want more info, check out the CoilSnake thread on the PK Hack forum here!
With the recent surge in EarthBound hacking activity, I can’t wait to see what kind of stuff gets made 😀
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to EarthBound CoilSnake Released!
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.