Onion’s Cool Stuff up for Grabs
Popular Posts:None found
I’ve posted a lot about EarthBound’s anti-piracy measures in the past, but I still often get the question of, “There are lots of enemies in my copy of EarthBound! Do I have a pirated copy?!”
So here’s a video courtesy of Poe that explains an easy way to tell if you got the anti-piracy stuff on for sure!
Basically, check outside the arcade after you’ve defeated Frank. If the anti-piracy stuff is active, then you’ll get lots of glitchy crows – something that would never happen in a legitimate version.
Again, this is like the third layer of protection or something like that – you’ll probably never even be able to start the game if you have a bad copy. For more details, see my old post here!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Checking for EarthBound’s Anti-Piracy Measures
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.