Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
I’ve posted a lot about EarthBound’s anti-piracy measures in the past, but I still often get the question of, “There are lots of enemies in my copy of EarthBound! Do I have a pirated copy?!”
So here’s a video courtesy of Poe that explains an easy way to tell if you got the anti-piracy stuff on for sure!
Basically, check outside the arcade after you’ve defeated Frank. If the anti-piracy stuff is active, then you’ll get lots of glitchy crows – something that would never happen in a legitimate version.
Again, this is like the third layer of protection or something like that – you’ll probably never even be able to start the game if you have a bad copy. For more details, see my old post here!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Checking for EarthBound’s Anti-Piracy Measures
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...