An EarthBound Book in the Works
About three years ago a mystery screenshot appeared in a Japanese magazine that looked like it was possibly from a new MOTHER game. It turned out it was a screenshot for an unrelated Ni no Kuni game for a Japanese platform called ROID.
After recently remembering about it, I decided to see how this game turned out. Here are the screenshots I dug up – as you can see, it definitely has a strong MOTHER 2/EarthBound influence still!
What’s a neat coincidence is that the snakes are called Coil Snakes in this game too! It’s a pretty generic name though, so I don’t think it was done on purpose. I wish I knew how to get this ROID stuff working, I’d love to hear the music and read the text to see if it goes beyond just the graphical similarities.
Anyway, many other MOTHER series-lookalikes have come and gone too, so check them out here!
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to Screenshots of Ni no Kuni on ROID
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!