Show Time Pollyanna
About three years ago a mystery screenshot appeared in a Japanese magazine that looked like it was possibly from a new MOTHER game. It turned out it was a screenshot for an unrelated Ni no Kuni game for a Japanese platform called ROID.
After recently remembering about it, I decided to see how this game turned out. Here are the screenshots I dug up – as you can see, it definitely has a strong MOTHER 2/EarthBound influence still!
What’s a neat coincidence is that the snakes are called Coil Snakes in this game too! It’s a pretty generic name though, so I don’t think it was done on purpose. I wish I knew how to get this ROID stuff working, I’d love to hear the music and read the text to see if it goes beyond just the graphical similarities.
Anyway, many other MOTHER series-lookalikes have come and gone too, so check them out here!
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to Screenshots of Ni no Kuni on ROID
- AwelCruiz: Hate to be “that guy”, but Banjo-Kazooie and Conker aren’t Nintendo properties. They may have been at one point, but...
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.