The EarthBound Equation
About three years ago a mystery screenshot appeared in a Japanese magazine that looked like it was possibly from a new MOTHER game. It turned out it was a screenshot for an unrelated Ni no Kuni game for a Japanese platform called ROID.
After recently remembering about it, I decided to see how this game turned out. Here are the screenshots I dug up – as you can see, it definitely has a strong MOTHER 2/EarthBound influence still!
What’s a neat coincidence is that the snakes are called Coil Snakes in this game too! It’s a pretty generic name though, so I don’t think it was done on purpose. I wish I knew how to get this ROID stuff working, I’d love to hear the music and read the text to see if it goes beyond just the graphical similarities.
Anyway, many other MOTHER series-lookalikes have come and gone too, so check them out here!
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to Screenshots of Ni no Kuni on ROID
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...