EarthBound Zero Proto Back on eBay
Popular Posts:None found
For years and years and years fans have been theorizing about how Ninten and Ness are related. A common theory is that Ninten is Ness’ father, but other fans are quick to point out that MOTHER 1 takes place in 1988 while MOTHER 2 takes place in 199X. That doesn’t give Ness, who’s apparently 12 in MOTHER 2, enough time to grow up. So unless you do some iffy math or say Ninten had a kid when he was 11, it doesn’t work out.
Anyway, I was watching an old Fanfest video the other day and the Fangamer guys were talking about this problem. Offhandedly and jokingly, someone suggested this: Maybe Ninten’s dad and Ness’s dad are the same person, they just have different moms?
Looking at things that way, everything fits pretty well – it explains why Giygas “strikes back” and fights Ness, who’s another member of the same family. It explains why the dad is always away from home, and even why the two characters have similar powers.
Personally, I feel that there isn’t a connection between the games at all, but for people who are really into the theory aspect of the fandom, maybe this is an interesting jumping off point for something new.
Anyway, if you have any other theories on how the characters and games are connected, share them in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
53 Comments to Ninten and Ness’s Relationship?
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.