MOTHER 1+2 Translation Status
Juanito recently sent this in:
There’s a creative phenomenon on Japanese video-sharing website Nico Nico Douga called “MIDI Animation”. It involves using a program that can graphically represent the contents of a MIDI file to display images and visuals within the music. These animations often involve songs from Japanese popular culture and video games.
One popular MIDI Animation contains a medley of songs from several Nintendo games. Among these songs is the Eight Melodies from Mother. The animation cleverly uses the notes of the songs to spell out the word “MOTHER” and displays a picture of Mr. Saturn, without sounding out of tune. It starts at 2:15.
I tried finding other examples of Mother MIDI Animations on Nico Nico Douga, but I couldn’t find any.
But on a side note, there are a lot of great Mother remixes available on Nico Nico Douga, and fans of Mother music should consider searching there, as well.
That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of some MP3 I used to have that had Giygas’s face hidden in the song’s waveform dot matrix warp core field stabilizers*. In a strange way this MIDI animation reminds me of Mario Paint stuff too.
*probably not the correct term
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER MIDI Animation
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...