Unused / Missing MOTHER 3 Music
Juanito recently sent this in:
There’s a creative phenomenon on Japanese video-sharing website Nico Nico Douga called “MIDI Animation”. It involves using a program that can graphically represent the contents of a MIDI file to display images and visuals within the music. These animations often involve songs from Japanese popular culture and video games.
One popular MIDI Animation contains a medley of songs from several Nintendo games. Among these songs is the Eight Melodies from Mother. The animation cleverly uses the notes of the songs to spell out the word “MOTHER” and displays a picture of Mr. Saturn, without sounding out of tune. It starts at 2:15.
I tried finding other examples of Mother MIDI Animations on Nico Nico Douga, but I couldn’t find any.
But on a side note, there are a lot of great Mother remixes available on Nico Nico Douga, and fans of Mother music should consider searching there, as well.
That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of some MP3 I used to have that had Giygas’s face hidden in the song’s waveform dot matrix warp core field stabilizers*. In a strange way this MIDI animation reminds me of Mario Paint stuff too.
*probably not the correct term
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER MIDI Animation
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.