Mr. Saturn for Garry’s Mod!
Juanito recently sent this in:
There’s a creative phenomenon on Japanese video-sharing website Nico Nico Douga called “MIDI Animation”. It involves using a program that can graphically represent the contents of a MIDI file to display images and visuals within the music. These animations often involve songs from Japanese popular culture and video games.
One popular MIDI Animation contains a medley of songs from several Nintendo games. Among these songs is the Eight Melodies from Mother. The animation cleverly uses the notes of the songs to spell out the word “MOTHER” and displays a picture of Mr. Saturn, without sounding out of tune. It starts at 2:15.
I tried finding other examples of Mother MIDI Animations on Nico Nico Douga, but I couldn’t find any.
But on a side note, there are a lot of great Mother remixes available on Nico Nico Douga, and fans of Mother music should consider searching there, as well.
That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of some MP3 I used to have that had Giygas’s face hidden in the song’s waveform dot matrix warp core field stabilizers*. In a strange way this MIDI animation reminds me of Mario Paint stuff too.
*probably not the correct term
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER MIDI Animation
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues