Amazon & EarthBound Trade-Ins
Juanito recently sent this in:
There’s a creative phenomenon on Japanese video-sharing website Nico Nico Douga called “MIDI Animation”. It involves using a program that can graphically represent the contents of a MIDI file to display images and visuals within the music. These animations often involve songs from Japanese popular culture and video games.
One popular MIDI Animation contains a medley of songs from several Nintendo games. Among these songs is the Eight Melodies from Mother. The animation cleverly uses the notes of the songs to spell out the word “MOTHER” and displays a picture of Mr. Saturn, without sounding out of tune. It starts at 2:15.
I tried finding other examples of Mother MIDI Animations on Nico Nico Douga, but I couldn’t find any.
But on a side note, there are a lot of great Mother remixes available on Nico Nico Douga, and fans of Mother music should consider searching there, as well.
That’s pretty cool! It reminds me of some MP3 I used to have that had Giygas’s face hidden in the song’s waveform dot matrix warp core field stabilizers*. In a strange way this MIDI animation reminds me of Mario Paint stuff too.
*probably not the correct term
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER MIDI Animation
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?