April 23rd, 2012 | Images, MOTHER 1+2, MOTHER 3

The other day girl034 sent this to me:

Dear Mato,

Yesterday I found an article about “Mother 1+2″‘s release in a german magazine called “Gamepro”. (the magazine is from 2003)
It also claims that Mother3 will soon be coming out.
I hope you haven’t gotten any messages about that yet.
Greetings.

I’m not sure what it says, but it looks short enough that it’s probably just a quick blurb about the games. It’s hard to believe that soon we’ll be coming up on ten years since MOTHER 1+2 was announced and released 😯

13 Comments to MOTHER 1+2&3 in German Gamepro

KingDarian said on Apr. 23, 2012

I’ll try doing a rough translation for you:

Mother 1, 2 & 3 for the GBA

Nintendo’s TV commercial invasion in Japan isn’t leaving – a new commercial announced Mother 1 & 2 for the Game Boy Advance. The scurrilous RPG series is known as EarthBound in this country. The title will be released in Japan on June 20. In case the cartridge also comes to our market, it would be the first opportunity to purchase Mother 1 (appeared in 1989 for the Japanese NES) as a non-import. If that isn’t enough – the third part of the humorous RPG series is also in the works for GBA. Actually this game was supposed to already appear on the Nintendo 64, but in the year 2000 after continuing delays it was canceled.

[image caption]
Throw all LOGIC overboard and rejoice for two wacky RPGs this summer.

Elbacko said on Apr. 23, 2012

Mother 1,2 and 3 for the GBA

Nintendos TV-Spot-Invasion in Japan doesn’t stop – a new commercial announces Mother 1 & 2 for the Gameboy Advance. The quirky RPG-Series is known to us as Earthbound. The game will be released in japan on the 20th of june. If the game will be released to us, it would give us the first chance to play Mother 1 (released 1989 for the famicom) as a non-import version. Thats not all – the third game of this humorous RPG series is in the making for the GBA. Actually, the game was planned to be released on the N64, but was canceled in 2000 after numerous delays.

Sorry for my bad english!

Elbacko said on Apr. 23, 2012

haha, I was way to slow 😀 yours is much better.

Ryuzekia said on Apr. 23, 2012

Lol id shove this in someones face f they didnt know the year this came out

AdelinaX said on Apr. 23, 2012

Looks fake to me, sorry.

ArchangelGabriel said on Apr. 23, 2012

What do you mean by fake?

Bucky said on Apr. 23, 2012

Adelina probably thinks this is a recent article, instead of one released in 2003.

Hawk EB said on Apr. 23, 2012

This is odd but…. i love thing from mother 1+2 event and to @ArchangelGabriel it is odd but not fake

Dr. Steve said on Apr. 24, 2012

Man, almost ten years already? A lot has happened in ten years, Mother 3 translation, Mother 1+2 translation, fan games, and much much more.

V-King said on Apr. 24, 2012

That article is not fake.

I’ll try to give a third translation of it:

“Nintendo’s commercial wave in Japan just won’t stop – a new commercial announces Mother 1+2 for GameBoy Advance. The absurd RPG series is known here under the name Earthbound [translator’s note: Earthbound hasn’t come out in Germany EVER]. The title will be released in Japan on June 20th. If the game gets released here too it will be no need to import Mother 1 (which was released in 1989 for the Japanese NES) for the first time. But that’s not all – the third game of this funny RPG series is under developtment for the GBA, too. That game should have been actually released for te Nintendo 64, but it was cancelled in 2000 after many delays.”

[Image caption]
“Throw all logic over board and get hyped for two freaky RPGs this summer.”

There is no actual announcement that the games would be released in Germany.

AdelinaX said on Apr. 26, 2012

Why would they say it is known in Germany as EarthBound? It is known as nothing in Germany, because it was never released in the PAL region.

Brad.EXE said on Apr. 26, 2012

Did you hear that? It’s coming out soon! Now all I have to do is sit here and wait………..