April 21st, 2012 | EarthBound, MOTHER 3, Videos

Updates have been a little slow lately due to over-busy-ness, so to make up for it, here’s a bunch of recent submissions all at once!

EarthBound on Kotaku

Chris says:

Hey, check this out. Kotaku has a weekly column for JRPGs (a breath of fresh air, the genre is generally beaten down on every other website) and this week they focused on Earthbound:

LINK

Pokey is a Top Jerk

Matt says:

Pokey is deservedly in this list of the top 10 Jerks in Video Games.

Indie EB-like Game in the Wild West

MikAve94 says:

This game looks pretty cool! There’s these two guys named Dave (not the Dave, as in the MOTHER 4 project) and Ben, who are starting their company Experimental Gamer, with their first RPG, Boot Hill Heroes. It has EarthBound-like (well actually more like MOTHER 3) graphics, and you’ll see some familiar faces in the video. It’s turn based, has a 4 member party, and has no scrolling odometer, but Chrono Trigger-esque bars. The enemies, when they’re hit, is like those wood cutouts in shooting gallery games at carnivals or fairs. You guys should check it out, and see for yourself, and support ’em too!

MOTHER 3 Sprites in Ron Paul Game

Dennis says:

Not sure if this is news or not, but figured it was pretty funny.

LINK (Business Insider)

Brawl in the Family Plea

I actually got word of this from about a dozen different people 😯 This is a Brawl in the Family video that features the history of Nintendo in song form. The end has a plea for a MOTHER 3 release.

I have lots more updates in my backlog, so I’ll get to them too soon!

10 Comments to Mini-Update Megathon #5

John H. said on Apr. 21, 2012

That Kotaku piece is terrible! And it spoils the end of the game! And I don’t know what “Chris” was talking about, saying JRPGs are being beaten down across the internet, the damn things are near inescapable even to this day.

Jungyin said on Apr. 21, 2012

Kotaku occasionally beats down JRPGs too.

Is that an arrangement of the Wild Arms map music in the Boot Hill Heroes video?

Mato said on Apr. 21, 2012

No, it’s from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. It only resembles Wild Arms because Wild Arms ripped it off 😛

Chris said on Apr. 21, 2012

Uh, John, have you ever been to a forum before? I rest my case.

Ness1985 said on Apr. 21, 2012

I was gonna favorite the “Top Ten” video but Porky is at number 2. After the events of MOTHER 3, he HAS to be number 1!

Gooptek said on Apr. 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Gamer, the guy who submitted the “Top Ten Jerks in Videogames!” video, is just awesome. His “acting” is very funny. And I like his videos, they’re awesome too! 🙂

RandomGuardian said on Apr. 21, 2012

RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PA – wait, Ron Paul? What?

PKbleblah said on Apr. 22, 2012

Just saw that PBG video right before coming here! The brawl in the family video reminds me of school house rock, lol 😀

Anonymous said on Apr. 23, 2012

Oh man, PBG is my hero. I love that guy so much. Great string of updates though, thanks Mato!

Ninten=ness said on Apr. 28, 2012

Ron paul? If he did this maybe he’d be elected, heck if he said ” i promise to get earthbound released” then half of the community would vote for him. Still obama will win.

Find Merchandise!