M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
A couple days ago I posted about counterfeit EarthBound cartridges being sold. I thought it’d be interesting and possibly helpful if I posted good photos of the insides of a legit cartridge, so I took mine apart for reference:
Also, I noticed that on the back of my cartridge the number “40” or “4D” is imprinted. At least that’s what I think it says.
(click for bigger)
Anyone else with an EarthBound cartridge – can you check the back of your cart to see what’s imprinted on the back?
It might be that that has some significance, maybe it’ll even help us find out if there are multiple revisions of the game out there. So let me know if you can!
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to Inside an EarthBound Cartridge
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...