Just Slap EarthBound On It
About five years ago, after I first started my now-halted EarthBound Zero remake hack, I wound up modifying some of my tools to dump all the text out of EarthBound for easy-viewing. I then went on to try to turn it into a tool to let people translate the game.
Although none of the above turned out so well (and I’ve since abandoned the translation tool, so please don’t use it, it’s very buggy!) at least we managed to get a script dump of EarthBound out of it all. You can check out the script here:
- EarthBound script – includes technical stuff and control codes
- EarthBound script in HTML format – excludes technical stuff and control codes but might have some other issues
- EarthBound script dumper source code – I wrote it basically in C but it’s a C++ file. I haven’t looked at it in years so beware!
You might be wondering what’s so tough about dumping EarthBound’s script or why there’s all that technical stuff in the text file – this explains the reason for that.
I do know there are a number of lines missing from the file above, like the text Dr. Andonuts says after you step into the Sky Runner, possibly more. This is because of wacky programming in EarthBound.
So there you go! Now you can reference stuff from the game easily!
In a future update I’ll probably post all the files and source code I used for my EarthBound Zero remake hack. I bet Mr. Accident’s CCScript tool blows most of my tools out of the water, though 😛
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to EarthBound Script Dump
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!