The Final Day of the EarthBound Bash is Today!
About five years ago, after I first started my now-halted EarthBound Zero remake hack, I wound up modifying some of my tools to dump all the text out of EarthBound for easy-viewing. I then went on to try to turn it into a tool to let people translate the game.
Although none of the above turned out so well (and I’ve since abandoned the translation tool, so please don’t use it, it’s very buggy!) at least we managed to get a script dump of EarthBound out of it all. You can check out the script here:
- EarthBound script – includes technical stuff and control codes
- EarthBound script in HTML format – excludes technical stuff and control codes but might have some other issues
- EarthBound script dumper source code – I wrote it basically in C but it’s a C++ file. I haven’t looked at it in years so beware!
You might be wondering what’s so tough about dumping EarthBound’s script or why there’s all that technical stuff in the text file – this explains the reason for that.
I do know there are a number of lines missing from the file above, like the text Dr. Andonuts says after you step into the Sky Runner, possibly more. This is because of wacky programming in EarthBound.
So there you go! Now you can reference stuff from the game easily!
In a future update I’ll probably post all the files and source code I used for my EarthBound Zero remake hack. I bet Mr. Accident’s CCScript tool blows most of my tools out of the water, though 😛
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to EarthBound Script Dump
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.