April 10th, 2012 | EarthBound, Fan Games

The other day Starmen.Net held a Shigesato Itoi’s No. 1 Bass Fishing petition for April Fool’s Day. Part of the joke was that fans could submit fan art, fanfics, etc. about the game. So EarthBound ROM hacker Reg went and made a fishing game hack out of EarthBound called “Jeff’s No-1 Bass Fishing”!

You can download the IPS patch here, if you don’t know how to patch EarthBound ROMs then use the Easy Patcher too!

I haven’t had time to play it myself, so I’m hoping someone can make a video or do a Let’s Play of it 😀

8 Comments to EarthBound Bass Fishing Hack

earthboundzerofanboy678 said on Apr. 10, 2012

This is so cool! I would download this in a heart beat!

herpy derp said on Apr. 10, 2012

Dat Bass

Reficul said on Apr. 10, 2012

I lol’d when I saw the bottom right screen shot.
I’m going to have to give this a try later.

DJMankiewicz said on Apr. 10, 2012

Haha, every time I see that name, I pronounce it like the fish. I know that it’s supposed to be said like “base”, but I can’t get over that. The WORLD should change to fit MY specific needs. Just spell it base!

nessforsale said on Apr. 10, 2012

Wow, I’d like to play that.

Marcos said on Apr. 11, 2012

Wow thats cool after all this time earthbound still has new surprises

Gooptek said on Apr. 11, 2012

A-MA-ZING!
Just amazing. The only word you need.

Fishing Joy 1.62 Download said on Apr. 11, 2012

[…] Joy 1.62, you can download it from google play. This game is free so feel free to download.   What’s in this version: Details: Fishing Joy is an addictive deep-sea fishing game that let’s y… destroy anything and everything on its path! Even the most stubborn and difficult to catch – […]

• Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
  • NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
  • Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
  • Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...