Weekly Round-Up #54
March 15th, 2012 | Misc.
So last night I was chatting with someone and the question was brought up – you know how members of different fandoms have a name they go by? Like Star Trek fans have “Trekkies” and “Trekkers” (woe unto all who use the wrong one though…) and Doctor Who fans seem to go by “Whovians” and stuff like that? Well, what should EarthBound/MOTHER fans be called?
The first instinct might be to say “Starmen”, but I personally only associate that term with frequenters of Starmen.Net (or should I say StarMen.Net 😛 ). The name “MOTHERHEADS” was suggested, as I think it might be a new thing used in Mexico/Latin America, but I feel like there’s still something better out there.
So what other names can you come up with? Let’s share braaaaains
Other Related Posts:
151 Comments to What are EarthBound Fans?
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues