Marcus Lindblom Spills Some EarthBound Secrets
Apparently sometime last year some enterprising Japanese MOTHER fans discovered a way to check out various scenes in MOTHER 3 with a cheat code. Using this code, it’s possible to see scenes that were unfinished or never used!
I recorded video of a couple different ones, you can see it here:
You can see this for yourself! Load up the ROM in VirtualBoyAdvance and use this cheat code:
For the value, choose one of these:
E5 – Interpreter flying
F5 – Twins playing and swimming (flashback)
F6 – Twins get into a fight (flashback)
F7 – Twins with mom (flashback)
Then, when you’re in the game, move to a new screen (go through a door or something) and you’ll see the scene in question pop up! The flashbacks were originally meant to be shown during the final battle, so you’ll get taken to the final battle after each one.
There are probably even more scenes to find! If you know hexadecimal numbers, try anything from 00 to FF and see what you get! You might even be able to go above FF, I’m not sure. If you find anything, let us all know 😀
Credit for this discovery goes to Japanese hacker RGBA_CRT (at least I assume that’s the first person to find out), and thanks to Yoshistories for pointing out the discovery!
Other Related Posts:
79 Comments to Unused MOTHER 3 Cut Scenes
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...