March 8th, 2012 | Fan Games, MOTHER 3, Videos

Every time I see a video of that Ultimate Chimera Hunt Gmod, I’m amazed by something new. And even this particular video is pretty old by now, I’m still amazed by the way all these MOTHER 3 locations looks in 3D:

I don’t have the stuff to play this myself, but my many hats go off to the fans who designed these awesome-looking levels and the neat little touches like turning into the Osohe ghosts if you die. And I never knew about the Giygas stage 😯

10 Comments to Some Chimera Hunt Locations

Leeaux said on Mar. 8, 2012

I play this game from time to time. It’s a lot of fun. My only problem is finding a game that there are enough people in to play with!

DD said on Mar. 8, 2012

All that pig snorting in the video made me laugh. I wouldn’t mind trying this game if I get time.

Anonymous said on Mar. 8, 2012

Mato, you say you don’t have the stuff but it’s very, very simple. Download Steam from steampowered.com, buy Gmod and HL2 (Less than $20) then find the server that uses this Mod (Google it) and voila. If your PC is less than 10 years old it should have absolutely no problem running the Source engine.

Mike said on Mar. 8, 2012

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 8, 2012

That’s amazing and looks like a lot of fun! They even have the path to Giygas. The fact that you turn into an Osohe ghost after you die is both funny and a little creepy because your dead body is still there. Regardless, I love this.

Mato said on Mar. 8, 2012

Mike: I run mainly on a crappy install of Ubuntu that barely runs anything at a decent speed :/

blahmoomoo said on Mar. 8, 2012

Note: a lot of the maps for Chimera Hunt use TF2 materials. Since TF2 is free now, that isn’t an issue as long as you have hard drive space, but of course you still have to buy a game that includes the Source SDK (like HL2) to use Garry’s Mod.

The Giygas stage is very difficult for everyone… so easy to fall off.

BigDream said on Mar. 8, 2012

This looks interesting. I wish there was an EASY tutorial, or an online version of it.

Chad said on Mar. 8, 2012

I believe there should be an app of this game, so that way Ipad users could connect with PC users or something of that sort, but i would understand why that could not happen.

Still i love the design of the game, i wish they would do one of Moonside. That would have been amazing.

1_muh_1 said on Mar. 10, 2012

someone have a guide for downloading and isntalling the garry mod+mod ?