EarthBound Player’s Guide PDFs
Here’s an old video by Plo that I had totally forgotten about until now!
What I like about this video is seeing how ridiculous some of this stuff would actually look in real life – hitting trees with bats and stuff like that 😛
There’s actually a story behind this video too!
Many years ago, when the Starmen.Net staff had first heard about EarthBound being prepped for a Virtual Console release, we were like, “Oh man, we gotta promote this big when it hits!” I think I had a plan to do a special EBFGP (and even formatted the pages to look decent on the Wii browser, heh), and I remember that Plo put together this goofy video to promote the game on Virtual Console when it was released. All with the idea that if it sold well, Nintendo would finally be convinced that the series DOES have profitability outside of Japan.
Anyway, that all fell through for reasons already explained, but Plo later repurposed the above video to promote a poll in Nintendo Power. Not like it was too necessary, though 😛
It’s weird, I completely forgot about all this stuff until now, I wonder what other old stuff’s lying around in my head that I can talk about someday!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Plo is Crazy for EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues