Some Unused Text in EarthBound
Here’s an old video by Plo that I had totally forgotten about until now!
What I like about this video is seeing how ridiculous some of this stuff would actually look in real life – hitting trees with bats and stuff like that 😛
There’s actually a story behind this video too!
Many years ago, when the Starmen.Net staff had first heard about EarthBound being prepped for a Virtual Console release, we were like, “Oh man, we gotta promote this big when it hits!” I think I had a plan to do a special EBFGP (and even formatted the pages to look decent on the Wii browser, heh), and I remember that Plo put together this goofy video to promote the game on Virtual Console when it was released. All with the idea that if it sold well, Nintendo would finally be convinced that the series DOES have profitability outside of Japan.
Anyway, that all fell through for reasons already explained, but Plo later repurposed the above video to promote a poll in Nintendo Power. Not like it was too necessary, though 😛
It’s weird, I completely forgot about all this stuff until now, I wonder what other old stuff’s lying around in my head that I can talk about someday!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Plo is Crazy for EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!