Unboxing a Giant Mr. Saturn!
Just before MOTHER 2’s release in Japan in 1994, a special celebratory event was held for all of the staff members who worked on the game. Chewy’s translated an article about it and included lots of scans of pictures from the event, check it all out here!
The event hall
The official figures were displayed
My favorite quote is probably this part of Miyamoto’s speech:
“These five years passed in the blink of an eye. (laughs) After all, my children were in preschool when we first started working on the game, and now they’re already old enough to understand it.”
Go read more here!
Also, Chewy’s recently updated some of her past MOTHER series article translations with scans! See here for details! Exclamation!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to Official MOTHER 2 Pre-release Party
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic