SpeedGamers EarthBound Marathon
I thought I had posted about this before, but I guess not! A fellow named John reminded me that Nintendo and a bunch of other people applied for a patent many years ago for the music battle system used in MOTHER 3.
You can see more pics and info in the entire patent file right here:
I think we first discovered this in 2004, around the time MOTHER 1+2 was first announced: Patent info on Starmen.Net. I also seem to recall that we might’ve found an even earlier version of this patent, but it’s been so long I don’t remember.
I haven’t gone through the file in very much detail, let me know if you guys find anything neat or strange in there!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Nintendo’s MOTHER 3-related Patent
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...