EarthBound Fans Thank Shigesato Itoi Back
I thought I had posted about this before, but I guess not! A fellow named John reminded me that Nintendo and a bunch of other people applied for a patent many years ago for the music battle system used in MOTHER 3.
You can see more pics and info in the entire patent file right here:
I think we first discovered this in 2004, around the time MOTHER 1+2 was first announced: Patent info on Starmen.Net. I also seem to recall that we might’ve found an even earlier version of this patent, but it’s been so long I don’t remember.
I haven’t gone through the file in very much detail, let me know if you guys find anything neat or strange in there!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Nintendo’s MOTHER 3-related Patent
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?