Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #1

March 20th, 2012 | EarthBound, Misc.

Today’s batch of mini-updates comes not from 2009, but from the other end of the backlog – these are the most recent submissions!

Ness Minecraft Skin

CaliforniaRollz sent:

Hey mato! I was able to make a Ness skin for Minecraft since I couldn’t find many on the net (One’s I found didn’t seem very appealing…). I thought you might like it!

Peace!

EarthBound Remix

KatanaSwordfish sent:

…today I posted a remix of music from EarthBound. As a remix (in contrast with my other covers) it uses some sampling and material from the original game’s soundtrack. However, I think (and hope) that I was able to deviate enough from the original songs to make an interesting listening experience. After all, If it’s too close to the original it may not warrant existence, but if it’s too different it’s no longer connected…

You can also download the song here!

Absolutely Safe Capsule IRL

Adam H. sent:

We’re one step closer to locking ourselves in joyless limbo for the rest of eternity!

Link

Stinky Ad Story

EpicSatellite sent:

So, the other day, I actually met a kid in my school who played EarthBound. This is one hell of a shock, considering that pretty much no kid in my grade plays it.. what a shame.

Well, anyway he told me he owned a cartridge that he got from his uncle. Knowing that EarthBound was not a popular game in the 90’s I asked him how he stumbled upon it.

His answer shocked me. He said that the tagline ”This Game Stinks” caught his uncle’s eye. He was interested and he bought it.

This actually goes to show you that SOMEHOW, EB’s marketing campaign actually attracted a few people. How this is, I don’t know, but it happened.

I always thought that virtually every person who played EarthBound in the 90’s found it by other means. (Like Nintendo Power etc.)

I guess ”This Game Stinks” was not too awful XD

Starman IRL

Max sent:

My girlfriend forwarded this article to me without realizing the connection, but I immediately saw the Starman Junior standing behind that little girl.

Link

EarthBound in Viral Video

Tanner sent in:

Link

Around 10 seconds

How Will He Win?

Fabio sent this in:

Link

I Love These Both Games, Man <3 Greetings From Brazil ! Keep With The Great Work ! Peace Ya !

Peanut Cheese Bar Recipe

Miles sent this in:

Anyway, I came across this excellent post on making peanut cheese bars in real life. They look delicious!

Link

Mother 3 Suggested in IGN Kickstarter Article

Shirow Wolf sent this in:

Hi, Tomato-

This isn’t anything big, really, but IGN posted an article on ‘Lost Projects [they’d] Love to See Kickstarted,’ which is what you’d expect; games they’d like to see come to be via Kickstarter, which the kids seem to love these days, right? Well, one of the entries they call ‘A Lack of Localization.’ It reads-

“Console eras gone by have plagued North American and European audiences with teases of Eastern games never making their way West. Money and a lack of interest generally headline the reasoning behind leaving certain games in one part of the world and not bringing them elsewhere. Offhand, wouldn’t it be amazing to see Mother 3 or Seiken Densetsu 3 making a legitimate appearance on Western shores? After a petition against The Last Story not heading West, it looks like it finally might. Imagine if the public could contribute to expediting the process with cash.”

….you know, that would be an interesting idea. NoA is not likely to go for it though, because they’d need to still market the game properly and attentively, and they seem unwilling to do that. Sigh…Still, nice to see Mother 3 in the news! :3

Take it easy!

SW-

That’s all for today! Don’t overdose on EarthBound!

13 Comments to Mini-Update Megathon #4

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 20, 2012

My favorite had to be “Stinky Ad Story”. I guess “This Game Stinks” was unique enough for the uncle to be interested. Like most people, I would’ve just been turned off and wouldn’t bother trying it if it was the first I heard of EarthBound.

Poe said on Mar. 20, 2012

Oh man, that Peanut Cheese Bar looks amazing! I might make a batch for EB’s anniversary, though for me I think the difficulty will be closer to 4/5 instead of 2/5 since I still can’t bake all that well.

Mr. Tenda said on Mar. 20, 2012

I also liked the Stinky Ad Story. I can just imagine the uncle wearing his old gym socks and enjoying playing EarthBound while eating his daily helping of raw onions, garlic, and brussel sprouts. Someone should buy that guy an air freshener.

Dialga Thunderstar said on Mar. 20, 2012

1 more EB fan discovered!
That is one weird picture.

DD said on Mar. 20, 2012

Gourmet Gaming is one of my favorite game blogs. It fun to read those silly recipes that they have.

Also, that Absolutely safe capsule link made me laugh.

Ninten=ness said on Mar. 20, 2012

wow, i’m glad to hear that some people play earthbound, in the same grade. to hear that some one actually liked the tagline is amazing. then again nintendocaprisun is the kind of toliet humor, so maybe a handful might like it( if i knew about this game when i was growing up ( during the gamecube era i’m younger then most of hardcore fans) i’d like the tagline)

tintinophile691 said on Mar. 20, 2012

That peanut cheese bar recipe arrived just on time!

My birthday just happens to be next week, at the same time as the school term ends. And my Tintin DVD from Amazon will be coming just a couple of days beforehand. Are these lucky coincidences or what?

Andrew said on Apr. 5, 2012

Hey CaliforniaRollz or earthboundcentral … Is it okay if I use that Ness skin for my EarthBound texture pack ? I’ll give credit and post it on here when It’s finished 😀 … I’m about 80% complete… just need to work on equipment and monsters

Mato said on Apr. 6, 2012

Don’t need permission from me, it’s not mine 😛

CaliforniaRollzz said on May. 2, 2012

hey Andrew! I don’t mind if you need my skin. Feel free to use it. I’d love to see your texture pack when you’re done. I also made an edit to my Ness skin and made a Ninten one! (Please ignore my extra “z” i kinda screwed up with my name 😛 )

Crystalwarrior said on May. 8, 2012

Whoa, the starman story is very amazing!
Imagine if all this stuff happening in Earthbound Zero will happen to us. Damn, but we will fight as an army O.o

nesstron said on May. 13, 2012

@californiarollzz definetly using the skin its the best one ive seen

@Andrew will you post the texture pack on mc forms?

btw my mc username is nesstron

CaliforniaRollz said on May. 17, 2012

The skin isn’t really final. It’s in like alpha stages if you know what I’m saying… 😀 I update on these skins on the forum. http://earthboundcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=678