December’s MOTHER 2 Figures
Popular Posts:None found
There’s a new video up of the EarthBound Zero remake hack that’s in progress. It’s still extremely rough and mostly placeholder stuff for now, but you can see things slowly coming together. Here’s what H.S says about this video:
EarthBound Zero has the Big Bag item, which restores the same amount of HP as a Magic Herb, and has 30 uses (or charges, if you will). The problem is, this type of mechanic doesn’t exist in EarthBound. In EarthBound, an item is either one-time use, or can be used infinitely. There’s no in-between… normally.
I got the idea for this after I saw how the game handled the effects for the Teddy Bear or Flying Man dying. I thought that this was something that could be modified to have interesting applications in gameplay.
As before, the video features a random selection of enemies wandering the area. Also, test rom, demonstration, not representative of actual gameplay balance, etc.
I’m not 100% sure how it works, but I’m thinking maybe it’s being implemented by giving the Big Bag like 30 HP and then reducing it by one with each use. If so, that’s clever thinking!
Anyway, I’m not involved so don’t quote me or anything, but the project probably still has at least a few more years until it’s anywhere near done and polished. But if you want to help or if you want to follow its progress, see here!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EB0 Remake: Big Bag Implementation
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super DX Soft Vinyl Figure Mother 2 MrSaturn Doseisan Banpresto
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.