February 4th, 2012 | Auctions

There are a couple items of interest this week if you’re a collector of EarthBound stuff!

MOTHER 1+2 Set Signed by Shigesato Itoi

I posted about this last week, but the auction ends tonight if you’re interested!

MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn Art Book with Unopened Mr. Saturn Plush

The Mr. Saturn art books tend to go for a crazy amount, this one’s actually up for auction so it’s possible you can get a good deal on one for once 😀 It’s a Japanese auction, so you might have to use a deputy service like Celga unless you have superpowers.

But it’s still sad to see Mr. Saturn so horribly treated:

Save Mr. Saturn!

Neat EarthBound/MOTHER series charms and prints by OMOCAT

I like seeing fan-made goodies, yet I’ve been slacking off showcasing a lot of Etsy shops and such. I’m going to try to fix that from now on, so check out these really nice-looking keychain charms and art prints. If you’re interested, check out more of her art here!

And if you or someone you know has a shop selling hand-made EarthBound/MOTHER goods, let me know! I’ll probably make a section on the site for them – I did that some years ago but I’d like to revive it. So lemme know!

11 Comments to Swag Watch for Feb. 4, 2012

Ninji said on Feb. 4, 2012

I’m digging that art book. Ever since those new Mr.Saturn plushies (the small little keychain type) and the one with the chain and ball attached to it came about, the Incognito Mr. Saturn, and the Giant Mr.Saturn’s seemed to have completely disappeared off the face of the Earth, or at least, the retail market :P. Also, the signed Mother 1+2 copy…*fangirl squee!*

west_haven said on Feb. 4, 2012

I’ve love to see more fan made goods, so I hope you update with those more! I am totally going to get one (or more!) of those cell phone charms. I wish I could just get the entire set….. o 3o

Acedio said on Feb. 4, 2012

That OMOCAT site is awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Dosei-San said on Feb. 4, 2012

I found a Nintendo power issue in my house from the 90’s that has a scratch and sniff advetisement for earthbound. The issue of NP it came from has pictures of Earthbound’s E3 display. I have never seen these pictures before. Its cool 😀

btw I WANT THOSE CHARM STRAPS >:D

Dialga Thunderstar said on Feb. 4, 2012

Mr. Saturn looks squished.

Bionic said on Feb. 4, 2012

LOL I want to get the Omocat T-Shirt that says “Mother.” Except I’m afraid most people will think that I actually AM a mother and just advertising it on a t-shirt

Neil said on Feb. 4, 2012

@Mato
I’m definitely going to bid on the signed Mother 1 + 2.
And is that Mr. Saturn inflatable? Or is it really in that bad of a condition?

Dosei-San said on Feb. 4, 2012

@Bionic. if your a guy and have a shirt that says mother it will look weirder

Mato said on Feb. 4, 2012

Neil: Cool, what’s your username so I can root for you 😀

Yes, the Mr. Saturn is inflatable (well, sorta), see here:

BOX said on Feb. 13, 2012

Man, I sure do love eBay/Swag Watch. I checked the price the signed Mother 1+2 went for though and nearly lost my mind.

Oh, and I just bought a Wonderswan Color from you, Mato. After two purchases of the same console from other sellers failed (one lost forever in international shipping, one refunded from a USA seller for no stated reason), I was ecstatic to see a USA seller with such a professional listing.

Reading the username and then finding out here that you were the seller made me laugh pretty hard.

Mato said on Feb. 13, 2012

Oh, was that you? Cool! It sucks that you’ve had such bad trouble getting it, I’ll do my best to break the curse this time 😛