Translated MOTHER 2 Revival Festival Video
After my update yesterday about the EarthBound Zero Map Viewer, H.S quickly discovered that the path leading up to Mt. Itoi is different in MOTHER 1 and EarthBound Zero. The EarthBound Zero version was greatly simplified so the player couldn’t get lost. The MOTHER 1 version was made TO get lost – so essentially an entire challenging part of the game was taken out:
MOTHER 1 Path:
EarthBound Zero / MOTHER 1+2 Path:
This wasn’t the only map simplification in the game though – the underground cave in Magicant also got made easier, as seen here.
I think these changes are interesting, but I wonder what spurred these specific changes on. Were they complaints from Japanese players, or complaints from play testers of the English version? And I wonder if anything else on the map was changed too…
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to Pre-Mt. Itoi Path Differences
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...