Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
February 7th, 2012 | EarthBound 64
The other day, when I was working on my newcomer’s guide to the EarthBound/Mother series and was looking for a good EarthBound 64 screenshot, I decided I’d use one of the many screenshots that Itoi posted when he announced the cancellation. I finally went with this one:
Back in 2000 when EarthBound 64 was canceled, everyone on Starmen.Net was like, “OMG! Onett’s in EarthBound 64!”
But only now do I finally realize that this screenshot is of Tazmily when it gets modernized! Man, I’m slow, it took me twelve years to figure that out 😯
Which got me to wondering, are there any things in the series that took you a really long time to finally figure out?
Other Related Posts:
49 Comments to Oh-So-Late Game Realizations
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues