Miyamoto’s Thoughts on MOTHER 2
February 7th, 2012 | EarthBound 64
The other day, when I was working on my newcomer’s guide to the EarthBound/Mother series and was looking for a good EarthBound 64 screenshot, I decided I’d use one of the many screenshots that Itoi posted when he announced the cancellation. I finally went with this one:
Back in 2000 when EarthBound 64 was canceled, everyone on Starmen.Net was like, “OMG! Onett’s in EarthBound 64!”
But only now do I finally realize that this screenshot is of Tazmily when it gets modernized! Man, I’m slow, it took me twelve years to figure that out 😯
Which got me to wondering, are there any things in the series that took you a really long time to finally figure out?
Other Related Posts:
49 Comments to Oh-So-Late Game Realizations
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!