Live Action EarthBound Series
A wave of e-mails suddenly came in this morning, talking about a display at the Nintendo World Store. Here’s one from Felipe:
This news was posted on GoNintendo a few hours ago, and I think it would be important to share it with you. The Earthbound Cartridge, Mother 3 and other merchandise are on display at a cabinet in Nintendo World Store in NY. Ironic, huh? Here follows the link: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172373
The pic in question is here:
(click for full size)
And you can check out the full gallery here.
Before anyone gets up in arms or anything, here’s a comment from that article:
I am truly sorry to those of you who missed the inclusion of games like Mother 3 and the Fire Emblem Series. This display is designed to show fan appreciation for some series that do not get enough public acknowledgment. Most of the members of Nintendo World’s staff are attempting to write their love letter to the fans of these series. Most are just as upset as you that Duster will never feel the lash of Wess’ tongue in English, or that we will never play through the second half of Marth’s story without the help of a printed translation by our side. Take their inclusion as a glimmer of hope, not a slap in the face.
Those little sprite figures of some of the EarthBound/MOTHER 3 characters seem to be handmade. I wonder who made them and where they came from.
At any rate, it’s great to see fans keeping the series alive in little ways like this 🙂
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 3 at Nintendo World Store
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?