MOTHER 3 Piano Arrangements
Chewy’s translated an interesting interview with two of the main programmers for MOTHER 2/Earthbound, Satoru Iwata and Kouji Malta. It was printed in Famitsu back in 1994, and you can check it out here!
Here’s a tidbit:
— What specific parts gave you a hard time?
Malta I’d say the delivery man.
Iwata There’s a special system for a delivery man in the game. One comes to bring you items you weren’t able to carry before, and one is a pizza delivery man. This is something that has to reach the player at any stage in the game. It was a really reckless idea—the delivery man can’t just pass through walls that the player can’t walk through, so we had to make him able to navigate the map for himself.
In fact, that’s something we took a look at some months ago: EarthBound’s Delivery System
Read the rest of the intereview here!
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to MOTHER 2 Programmer Interview
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues