Runaway Five in 3D
Chewy’s translated an interesting interview with two of the main programmers for MOTHER 2/Earthbound, Satoru Iwata and Kouji Malta. It was printed in Famitsu back in 1994, and you can check it out here!
Here’s a tidbit:
— What specific parts gave you a hard time?
Malta I’d say the delivery man.
Iwata There’s a special system for a delivery man in the game. One comes to bring you items you weren’t able to carry before, and one is a pizza delivery man. This is something that has to reach the player at any stage in the game. It was a really reckless idea—the delivery man can’t just pass through walls that the player can’t walk through, so we had to make him able to navigate the map for himself.
In fact, that’s something we took a look at some months ago: EarthBound’s Delivery System
Read the rest of the intereview here!
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to MOTHER 2 Programmer Interview
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo, 1995)
- A-wel Cruiz: Are those eyes? I guess Mr. Saturn has great hindsight.
- Vince: Oh, whoops! Just realized that I got it backwards. Disregard my last message.
- Vince: Maybe they sped it up on the GBA version because it’s a portable console?
- Jason: Are those speakers?
- Jason: Maybe I’m just a member of the the uninitiated, but I believe in speed-running, different editions/versions of the same game are...