Jeff Andonuts on America’s Got Talent
Chewy’s translated an interesting interview with two of the main programmers for MOTHER 2/Earthbound, Satoru Iwata and Kouji Malta. It was printed in Famitsu back in 1994, and you can check it out here!
Here’s a tidbit:
— What specific parts gave you a hard time?
Malta I’d say the delivery man.
Iwata There’s a special system for a delivery man in the game. One comes to bring you items you weren’t able to carry before, and one is a pizza delivery man. This is something that has to reach the player at any stage in the game. It was a really reckless idea—the delivery man can’t just pass through walls that the player can’t walk through, so we had to make him able to navigate the map for himself.
In fact, that’s something we took a look at some months ago: EarthBound’s Delivery System
Read the rest of the intereview here!
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to MOTHER 2 Programmer Interview
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY