Battle of the MOTHER Bands!
Chewy’s translated an interesting interview with two of the main programmers for MOTHER 2/Earthbound, Satoru Iwata and Kouji Malta. It was printed in Famitsu back in 1994, and you can check it out here!
Here’s a tidbit:
— What specific parts gave you a hard time?
Malta I’d say the delivery man.
Iwata There’s a special system for a delivery man in the game. One comes to bring you items you weren’t able to carry before, and one is a pizza delivery man. This is something that has to reach the player at any stage in the game. It was a really reckless idea—the delivery man can’t just pass through walls that the player can’t walk through, so we had to make him able to navigate the map for himself.
In fact, that’s something we took a look at some months ago: EarthBound’s Delivery System
Read the rest of the intereview here!
Other Related Posts:
6 Comments to MOTHER 2 Programmer Interview
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.