SpeedGamers EarthBound Marathon
I just realized I never really made a post about Shigesato Itoi’s non-MOTHER games. As many fans know, he also did some bass fishing game stuff, but for some reason people think he only made one bass fishing game. He actually made two, one for the Super Famicom and one for the Nintendo 64.
I won’t go into the super specific details or differences between them, for now let’s just take a look at the games:
Shigesato Itoi’s Bass Fishing No. 1
And here’s the commercial for it:
Shigesato Itoi’s Bass Fishing No. 1 Definitive Edition
The Super Famicom game did well and was a big part of the “bass fishing boom” of the late 90s, but Nintendo printed way too many copies of the N64 game, so it wound up in bargain bins quickly. I can’t find any videos of it, so here are some screenshots, which were also very hard to find:
If anyone has the game and can get more screenshots and videos, let me know!
Here’s the commercial for this one, thanks to KingDarian for pointing it out to me:
There was also a fishing rod-like accessory for the N64 game:
So there you go! His two bass fishing games! I see them on eBay every once in a while, so if you’re interested in picking a copy up (they’re usually really cheap) see here!
Would you want to see any of these games fan-translated? Vote here!
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to Itoi’s Bass Fishing Games
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...