EarthBound Completed in 9 Minutes
Up until a few years ago, and even after creating PK Hack and other stuff, I never knew or realized that the UFO enemies in EarthBound are unusual in the way they drop items. Unlike regular enemies, they don’t have just one item they sometimes drop – they drop a whole assortment of stuff!
Here’s the deal:
If a Cute Li’l UFO or Beautiful UFO is present in battle and no item would be dropped otherwise, an item is randomly chosen from a list of 7. This item will always drop. If both enemies are present, the Beautiful UFO drops an item. This obviously doesn’t matter, since those two enemies will never appear in the same region.
Cute Li’l UFO:
- Bag of fries
- Boiled egg
- Fresh Egg
- Picnic lunch
- Can of fruit juice
- Royal iced tea
- Protein drink
- Kraken soup
- Bottle of water
- Cold remedy
- Vial of serum
Try it out for yourself! Maybe even make a challenge out of it the next time you play – try to get all 14 special drops from these enemies. It should be a lot easier than the 1/128 item challenge at least 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to Items from EarthBound UFOs
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!