MOTHER Series in Nintendo World
Up until a few years ago, and even after creating PK Hack and other stuff, I never knew or realized that the UFO enemies in EarthBound are unusual in the way they drop items. Unlike regular enemies, they don’t have just one item they sometimes drop – they drop a whole assortment of stuff!
Here’s the deal:
If a Cute Li’l UFO or Beautiful UFO is present in battle and no item would be dropped otherwise, an item is randomly chosen from a list of 7. This item will always drop. If both enemies are present, the Beautiful UFO drops an item. This obviously doesn’t matter, since those two enemies will never appear in the same region.
Cute Li’l UFO:
- Bag of fries
- Boiled egg
- Fresh Egg
- Picnic lunch
- Can of fruit juice
- Royal iced tea
- Protein drink
- Kraken soup
- Bottle of water
- Cold remedy
- Vial of serum
Try it out for yourself! Maybe even make a challenge out of it the next time you play – try to get all 14 special drops from these enemies. It should be a lot easier than the 1/128 item challenge at least 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to Items from EarthBound UFOs
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues