EarthBound Scratch n Sniff Lives On
Up until a few years ago, and even after creating PK Hack and other stuff, I never knew or realized that the UFO enemies in EarthBound are unusual in the way they drop items. Unlike regular enemies, they don’t have just one item they sometimes drop – they drop a whole assortment of stuff!
Here’s the deal:
If a Cute Li’l UFO or Beautiful UFO is present in battle and no item would be dropped otherwise, an item is randomly chosen from a list of 7. This item will always drop. If both enemies are present, the Beautiful UFO drops an item. This obviously doesn’t matter, since those two enemies will never appear in the same region.
Cute Li’l UFO:
- Bag of fries
- Boiled egg
- Fresh Egg
- Picnic lunch
- Can of fruit juice
- Royal iced tea
- Protein drink
- Kraken soup
- Bottle of water
- Cold remedy
- Vial of serum
Try it out for yourself! Maybe even make a challenge out of it the next time you play – try to get all 14 special drops from these enemies. It should be a lot easier than the 1/128 item challenge at least 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to Items from EarthBound UFOs
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...