Connecting Faith and MOTHER 3
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all 🙁 Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
- DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
- KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)
- Shigesato Itoi: Yeah I’m gonna be freaking rich and i stole cash from my dead father btw XD
- StarmanAlex: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE