MOTHER and Japanese Fans
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- .: @DJ i meant the fassad talk above.
- Star and Moon: “…if an incredibly good-looking son born by a mistress were to come with a planning document that seemed really...
- .: pokemon? legend of zelda?
- JM: Hi NichoMania, Thanks for the comment. I took another look at the line and the Japanese is: アメリカ系の人はずっと「『4』が作られつつある」と言ってます が、嘘に決まっているじゃないかと（笑）。...
- NichoMania: Great translation, but something has been bugging me about it… Ever since, I read the last post about Itoi saying people in the...