Nintendo 101: EarthBound/Mother 2
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- Banana Kid: Hm, may I ask if this is in anyway compatible with Coilsnake? Could it be used on per-assembled hacks, or just with the vanilla EB ROM?...
- Lucas: @Alex Dyson Try to find him on Skype
- Alex Dyson: I know he has a deviantART account, but he doesn’t use it anymore, so it’s not likely I can contact him. Damn, I got all...
- skyrunner14: @Alex Dyson So yeah, I’m suddenly doubting you. I’d love to be proven wrong, in fact, I think a lot of us here would,...
- DFA: Cool, thanks man. Good looking out =]