The EAGLELAND Fan Game
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Game for Super Nintendo Cartridge Only
- Anon666: Not trying talk myself up or anything, but I thought this was obvious. To the point to where I always thought this was meant to be the...
- Trevor: I remember the first time I fought the moles. I think I assumed that it was a bug and that some of them should have indeed been stronger
- Fred Bounder: Amazing! :O
- R Fisher: This makes so much sense! From both an in-game and out-of-game perspective, all five are equally matched, so winning 50% of the time is...
- Leeaux: Hahahaha. I wonder if that’s what he was going for?