EarthBound Zero Game-Breaking Bug
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all 🙁 Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...