EarthBound Central Q&A #1
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- Boomhauer: I dang-‘ol loved sending that e-mail.
- Noodle: There’s also typos in the final boss fight. “Paula prayed from bottom of your heart” is missing an extra...
- Baptiste Faussat: I was going to start a Let’s Play series of EarthBound (with the subtitle “The exact opposite of Starbound”...
- adex: you can already pre-order them from ebay.
- Chivi-chivik: Red was supposed to be named ‘Ninten’, but they changed that in the end, so it’s not something hidden, it’s...