PSI Rockin’ Ringtone
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- Vern: I’m actually quite excited by this, much more than any other fan hacks or projects lately – for any games. It’s like being...
- ThatDetectiveFellow: Club Nintendo in America is significantly better than in Europe, Europe’s one (at least that for the UK) is scarcely...
- Peel Z Union: Eartbound Zero better come on virtual console before this comes out or i’ll be forced to get this.
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: For real though, this hack is looking very good. I’ve seen H.S.’s other hacks, and he obviously has a lot...
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: As someone who played EarthBound Zero to the very end, I