Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
Leave a reply
- Bob: What does COD have to do with this? Or do you just like mindlessly bashing on mainstream games?
- Anonymous: EARTHBOUND SUCKS PLAY CALL OF DUTY just kidding, Call of Duty sucks
- PSIpunky: I took the daunting task of learning Japanese a few months ago due to wanting to read some Mother related things and Japan in general. It...
- Anonymouse: Well to be honest, I’m still in school and I haven’t really gotten a job yet. =P But ah… the series has made me...
- Darien: Not meaning to be unbelievably pedantic, but a speed run would normally be for a specific game on a specific platform, yes? As in, Mother 2...