Pork Beans Don’t Belong There!
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all 🙁 Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...
- Bubbleman: There was also another hint for Ness in the Nintendo Badge Arcade last week, where the bunny says something about ESP Kirby looking...
- Anonymous User: Impressive! I love SNES samples, and especially the ones from this game! 😀