Japanese MOTHER 3 Fan Stuff
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can 😛
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- Halloween: English trailer is awesome!
- Mato: I can’t remember – I think I did, but it’s been so long that it might’ve been before EB Central existed, in which...
- yui: Tomato, did you cover Itoi’s cave adventures here yet? I remember you talking about them a long time ago but maybe people are...
- Mato: KaisaJesta: I’ve always been curious too, but I’ve never heard or read anything on the subject.
- Star and Moon: I like the English trailer better because it shows better scenes from the game, and does a good job of not spoiling things.