Weekly Round-Up: #57
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Game Guide Cheat Book FAMICOM TSUSHIN 1989 Japan Nintendo FREESHIP
- MysterySprite22: This is an awesome podcast. I wish I was still in my Digital Media class so I could make more of them, but alas, I’m no...
- Autistic Pichu: 25 years huh? It’s been about seven years since I got into the series, although I never got to actually play the games for my...
- MysterySprite22: Wow. 25 years? That’s awesome! I had no idea the series was even around for that long(mainly because I only recently got...
- pulver106: I always enjoy a good podcast. Any idea when the next one will be up?
- 10N45: @BusterTheFox Looks like “Reggie” did a great job mocking his company’s customers. I’m sure many people found out...