EarthBound Screenplay Draft 2 & Fan Film Idea
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack Novel Game Story Book Poster Japan EX
- wow: Actually, this sounds VERY interesting. I’m telling the biology teacher.
- neonix: Like Motdrafin said. I’ve done linoleum carving before and I can say it takes quite a patient person to do something with such...
- Dr.x: By the way first comment ^
- Dr.x: Woohoo I needed another hack to play. I am trying to beat citizens of earth currently and mother cognitive dissonance. Can’t wait to...
- Dr.x: But why? Why would anyone want to do that?