Professional Tennis Player and Mr. Saturn
New copies of EarthBound are now worth thousands of dollars apparently, but did you know the game used to be $5.99 new at Best Buy? It sounds like in the late 90s many stores were trying to unload the game for super-cheap prices. Little did anyone know…
Anyway, in some recent comments, EarthBound Central reader west_haven posted this:
I work at Best Buy and I’ve been meaning to look in our inventory program and see if I can find our listing for Pokemon Red, so I bet it’s in there somewhere.
Found it and printed out sale tags for it!! The price listed is $5.99, a price we all wish we could get it for now. It’s listed as SN-Earthbound, where SN must stand for SNES. The SKU number is 2375272, which sadly doesn’t mean much since if you search for that on Bestbuy.com, it doesn’t yield a result. The many little tags are peg label stickers; I printed out eight of ‘em just cuz I can
I asked if there might be some secret stash tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, but it sounds like that’s not likely at all Oh well, someday someone’s going to find a stash of new EarthBounds and then buy a solid gold car.
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to EarthBound Was Once $5.99
- An E and two 8: I gotta say, that artwork with the lined up Starmen looks pretty cool.
- Zaxtur: That’s my hack! LOL. So funny. It’s been so long since I’ve touched it, I wouldn’t even know where to begin if I...
- eb64: is it possible to put mother 3 gba on n64 cartridge again?
- RudyC3: It’s even written “REPRODUCTION” in full capitals on one of the picture examples above. How can people think it’s...
- joeymartin64: Love the one with Brawl artwork on it. Nothing says “swear-to-God official version of a game from the mid 90s” quite like...