Want an EarthBound Box?
Once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get the best deals and avoid getting ripped off. Here are the latest numbers if you’re interested:
- EarthBound cart: $138 (down from $149 now that the holidays are over)
- EarthBound guide: $77 (previous average was $77 as well)
- EarthBound complete set: $493 (up from $398)
That complete set average doesn’t include the new copy that sold for a zillion dollars last week. That one wound up selling for a lot less than the final bid (and was sold off of eBay as well), but factoring in the price there, the average for a complete set is bumped up to $629.
While computing the info above, I also took some notes about which ones sold for more and sold for less. So if you’re hoping to buy a copy of EarthBound for as little as possible, follow the tips here as well as these new tips for auctions (as opposed to buy-it-nows):
- If the title has the word “rare” in it, forget about it – the final price will almost ALWAYS be higher than the average
- Similarly, words like “mint” will usually result in a final price higher than the average
- If the title uses the stock title of something like “EarthBound (1995, Super NES)”, then the final price is slightly more likely to be below average
- If the thumbnail image used is the stock image, then the final price is slightly more likely to be below average
- If words like “used” or “only” or “just” (as in “cart only” or “just cart”) are used, the final price is more likely to be below average
Of course, if you’re selling your copy, then use those tips to your advantage too 😛
Pay attention to this stuff and the tips on buyearthound.com to get the best deal possible. You can save a LOT of money if you know what you’re doing – some cart copies of EarthBound went for $100, and a complete set even went for $273. So there are deals (relatively speaking…) to be had if you’re attentive!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Feb. 2012)
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues