February 24th, 2012 | EarthBound, Videos

A couple weeks ago I posted about an EarthBound fan film in the works, but for various reasons there was a bit of confusion because the demo reel wasn’t EarthBound-related. They’ve since released an EarthBound-related teaser video, check it out:

If you want to help them out, see here!

16 Comments to EarthBound Fan Film Teaser

Spiteful Krow said on Feb. 24, 2012

One day someone’s going to look back at all the Earthbound fan films that have been made, and, with air of innovation and inspiration, decide to make an Earthbound fan film using actual kids. It sounds crazy, I know, but I think Earthbound fans just might appreciate the authenticity of actors who look like real-life versions of Ness and his friends playing the roles of Ness and his friends. Just an idea!

Mato said on Feb. 24, 2012

Well, the start of EB Saga was made when they were still little kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_RfpecI10I

LucasPSI said on Feb. 24, 2012

omg I actually liked this! You gotta do it! xD

Johnny said on Feb. 24, 2012

@Spiteful Krow

I don’t want to spoil anything but lets just say we are casting some kids for this film ;]

Bionic said on Feb. 24, 2012

This is HILARIOUS! Oh my God. I’m donating today. When will they start shooting the film? I can’t wait.

DD said on Feb. 24, 2012

I also thought that was funny. I gotta wonder how Porky’s and Poo is going to turn out.

GiegueFanboy said on Feb. 24, 2012

I can’t wait too see Gyiyg!

Gooptek said on Feb. 24, 2012

You’re right, Mato.
These aren’t just some guys with a five-dollar camera. 🙂

Anonymous said on Feb. 24, 2012

Ok it was really funny LOL
But I agree for the kid casting would be better

MoonSide said on Feb. 25, 2012

Yeah, kids would be better… and it would make more sense. Ness seemed emotionally unstable and also… kinda creepy.

? said on Feb. 25, 2012

Well the thing about kids is even if you get their parents to agree to their part in the film, the parents can turn around and sue you anyways despite an agreement.

I think that’s why of teen actors are practically in their 20s, or I’m just imagining things. Disregard me.

Leeaux said on Feb. 27, 2012

Really hope this gets finished. I was so excited for Duane and Brando to finish their song-movie and they broke up. Keep up the good work guys!

Chris said on Feb. 27, 2012

I don’t think parents can sue for their kids if there is proper paperwork signed. The reason you see adults playing teens in high school is because children (not sure where this cuts off, 17 or 18) can only work a certain amount of hours a day. These kind of shoots tend to be 10-12 hour days, while a child, legally, is not permitted to do more than 8 if I’m not mistaken.

On that note, yes, a bunch of children for an Earthbound movie would be fantastic, but it would also be an enormous endeavor. The stars would have to align to get the amount of kids needed to really commit for cheap/free. You can woo an adult actor with your pitch, but a parent of a child actor? Don’t count on it.

Bionic said on Feb. 27, 2012

It’s funnier with an adult man playing Ness. It’s just hilarious.

EBFREAK101 said on Feb. 28, 2012

Ness could use a better hat..
Ah well lol…

AdelinaX said on Sep. 30, 2012

Has there been any update on this at all in the past 7 months? There is nothing on indiegogo and I can’t find anything about it elsewhere (on their youtube channel or their many websites).

Find Merchandise!