Want an EarthBound Box?
Pitchfork recently posted a really in-depth analysis of the first MOTHER game – check it out here. Even if you’re not a fan of the first game, some of the info and ideas in here might be new to you, so I’d still recommend reading it!
It looks like he played through my MOTHER 1+2 translation and looked up a lot of interview translations I’ve done, so he’s definitely done a lot of research. Sometimes the article gets a little deep and/or sidetracked, but I think it’s got a lot of interesting tidbits in there, like the discussion about the monomyth.
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to A Detailed Analysis of MOTHER
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues