Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Pitchfork recently posted a really in-depth analysis of the first MOTHER game – check it out here. Even if you’re not a fan of the first game, some of the info and ideas in here might be new to you, so I’d still recommend reading it!
It looks like he played through my MOTHER 1+2 translation and looked up a lot of interview translations I’ve done, so he’s definitely done a lot of research. Sometimes the article gets a little deep and/or sidetracked, but I think it’s got a lot of interesting tidbits in there, like the discussion about the monomyth.
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to A Detailed Analysis of MOTHER
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.