MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

January 2nd, 2012 | EarthBound, Images

Armand K. has completed a really cool project – making a neat little journal from the perspective of Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo as they go on their adventures. Specifically, it’s kind of like a scrapbook / journal mostly from Paula and Jeff’s points of view, but with some Ness and Poo stuff too.

You can check out more info and download the entire thing here! It’s great stuff, definitely a labor of love 😀

10 Comments to The EarthBound Journal

west_haven said on Jan. 2, 2012

That was really awesome!! A fan diary like this really puts a cool spin on the story. This also made me realize that when Ness and Co. are put into the robot bodies in the end, they’re just like the Cybermen in Doctor Who. (Except they have emotions and their brains weren’t transplanted into their robot forms too…..)

NessDad said on Jan. 2, 2012

I just read the whole journal. Excellent storywriting with addition of the characters’ opinions in the events of the game. The plot twist in the last part of the book is surprising too. I want to tell you but I don’t want to spoil it. I recommend EarthBound gamers to read it.

BigDream said on Jan. 2, 2012

Wow. This looks interesting. I’ll give it a spin as soon as i can.

RandomGuardian said on Jan. 2, 2012

I like this idea! It’s brilliant! Can’t wait to read.
@west_haven yeah Just like cybermen, not that high-tech on the outside and a look like they were made out of tin foil. 😀 Atleast they don’t have plungers and egg beaters for hands.

ShadowX said on Jan. 2, 2012

This is a great idea! Definitely a labor of love, great job Armand.

Ness (BANNED) said on Jan. 2, 2012

I wish I had a journal of earthbound.
SALE IT! SALE IT! SALE IT!
please I WANT IT!!

NorthOfOnett said on Jan. 3, 2012

I loved reading this! But, the ending caught me off guard..definitely not how I thought it would have played out. I won’t spoil it for others, but it was very interesting, all in all.
Nice thing for me to read from time to time so I can remember the game 🙂

GiegueStrikesBack said on Jan. 4, 2012

I know this migh be farfetched, but with some of he pictures in there, I really liked the colorig effect. Would it be possible to do this to the actual game???

Nathalie said on Jan. 5, 2012

I was also very, very surprised at the ending. Interesting though, it made me realise that it was kind of hinted towards the end of the game, at least from one side.

CarnileN said on Jan. 6, 2012

Wow, very original, i’m downloading right now, the images look awesome i’m excited to read it already