Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested

January 22nd, 2012 | Auctions, Itoi

There are a couple neato items EarthBound/MOTHER-related on eBay today – even if you’re not a collector you might find it interesting!

Japanese Signboard, signed by Shigesato Itoi

pk_stan is selling this Japanese “shikishi” signboard, signed by Itoi in 1985. It’s addressed to someone named Tomoyuki, or perhaps it’s the name of the thing in the picture, I’m not really sure.

Official Shigesato Itoi Bass Fishing Tournament Poster

An item I’m selling is this unused, like-new poster (I’d call it a flier or handbill, but I’m pretty sure they were meant to be displayed in stores) promoting a Nintendo-sanctioned, Famitsu-organized tournament for Shigesato Itoi’s No. 1 Bass Fishing (the N64 one).

MOTHER 1+2 In-Store Poster

I’ve had this up for a while now but I decided I’ll just auction it off to whoever wants it, so if you’re in the mood for a nice MOTHER series poster, here you go! I think I picked this up in 2005 when I went on a crazy Japanese auction buying binge. It’s been on my wall ever since, but now that I’ve seen it every day for the past seven years, I think I’m ready to pass it on 😛

While I’m at it, here are some other things of mine I’ve had up for a little while now:

And although not 100% EarthBound-related, Nintendo fans might get a kick out of this Nintendo game from 1970 I’m selling:

Just think, this predates EarthBound by 25 years 😯

Anyway, if you find any cool stuff on eBay or if you’re selling any EarthBound stuff of interest, let me know and I’ll post about it in future updates!

8 Comments to Swag Watch for Jan. 22, 2012

pk_stan said on Jan. 22, 2012

Hey! Thanks for posting about the signature, Mato. I appreciate it!

FlyingManCourage said on Jan. 22, 2012

I always love when you post new items for sale on EBay Mato. You somehow always seem to pull out some unique gem that I didn’t know about (not that I know about tons of EB stuff).

Anonymous said on Jan. 22, 2012

How do you even play Challenge Ball?

RadicOmega said on Jan. 22, 2012

Yeah, I have heard that before Video Games, Nintendo made Card Games, and board games.

peacoc said on Jan. 22, 2012

These items are interesting, if for no other reason than as an excellent example of what truly horrible (for western eyes) graphic design is used in Japan everywhere and all the time. I understand the cultural differences, but it’s just amazing to me that their design composition is so strikingly different that that of most other countries.

What’s even more interesting to me, though, is the Challenge Ball game. It’s design looks like something out of Eastern Europe or even the Soviet Union. Not something I would have recognized as Japanese (aside from the language, of course).

Obeezy said on Jan. 23, 2012

It says the autograph link is invalid.

pk_stan said on Jan. 23, 2012

@RadicOmega

Nintendo has done way more than just card games and board games before video games! Nintendo has been around since the 1880s! They’ve done a taxi service, and they’ve even had love hotels! I think they sold food at one point too, like instant noodles and whatnot. They did however start out as a card game company. Look it up, it’s pretty interesting!

@Obeezy
The links seems to work fine for me.

santiagoff said on Feb. 4, 2012

I know this’ll be a weird comment, but… that ya con Challenge looks totally strange. Even on that font, it looks like a hiragana ya missing one stroke lol