January 13th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1, Videos

I can’t remember if I’ve posted about this or not before, but just in case I haven’t, check out this great piano medley by the famous Prof. Sakamoto:

What’s cool about this is that he’s become famous enough in Japan that he’s even done stuff with Shigesato Itoi’s company. Here’s a page about a live recital he did for Itoi’s site and here’s an album that Itoi’s site helped promote.

Kinda makes me wanna stick an NES top loader on my head when I work…

9 Comments to Prof. Sakamoto MOTHER Medley

Satsy said on Jan. 13, 2012

Oh when he hits Pollyanna I got a chill down my spine~~

You have to admit, the amount of creativity that comes from the original title is pretty impressive. It invokes the imagination in such a way that’s still showing itself 23 or so years on. I mean how amazing is that!

*goes back to re-imagining the dungeons*

Miles of SmashWiki said on Jan. 13, 2012

The medley is fantastic, but…. why is he wearing a Famicom as a hat?

Poe said on Jan. 13, 2012

That’s his gimmick 🙂

Mesousa said on Jan. 13, 2012

I need that hat.

Snowman said on Jan. 13, 2012

I adored the Magicant section. It’s really one of Mother’s themes that doesn’t get enough love. Quite a fantastic medley.

BigDream said on Jan. 16, 2012

My mom is a great pianist and might be able to play something like THAT!!

LucasTizma said on Jan. 17, 2012

Holy CRAP, how did I overlook this?! This guy is brilliant, and his Pollyanna remix is definitely going in my Pollyanna playlist. 🙂

Catterick said on Jan. 31, 2012

I agree with Snowman, I really enjoyed hearing the Magicant theme. Magical!

Poe said on Feb. 9, 2012

Has anyone ripped an MP3 of this yet? I’d love to have it in my rotation 🙂

• el tigre: can’t wait to own some wacky earthbound merch
  • Silvris: Something interesting I noticed: Earthbound is on the SNES Mini, but Mother 2 isn’t on the Super Famicom Mini.
  • mazoboom: I own pretty much all those games, and my SNES still works (for now?) but I am trying my hardest to get one of these.
  • Leeaux: Adult Swim grabs the wrestling news and makes an advert out of it. As a guy who grew up trying to explain what this game even is to most...
  • William: I’m crying. This is such great news, hopefully I can get my hands on a SNES Classic, unlike with the NES classic. Glad my parents...