EarthBound 64 Enemy Designer Interview
January 12th, 2012 | MOTHER 1
Ultra translator Chewy has come through again – this time she’s translated a review of MOTHER 1 by Satoshi Tajiri, who went on to create Pokemon in the 90s. This review actually predates Pokemon, so I wonder how much influence MOTHER 1 (and maybe MOTHER 2) had on his inspiration for Pokemon’s game design.
At any rate, it’s a long and interesting read – I like how he digs in deeper and gets a little more critical than your average Japanese game reviewer. Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to MOTHER Reviewed by Pokemon Creator
- yellowyOshi398: I like this. It runs the gamut of your usual Mother-esque choices while also throwing in some more obscure games that are still...
- Paul: Until Nintendo gives Mato a cease-and-desist order about the fan translation (at the very least), I’m not convinced that they’re...
- Paul: Didn’t Mato say that he had offered to give the code for the fan translation to Nintendo? Would Nintendo have any reason not to accept...
- CRefice: Pretty good! Except Municipio means Town Hall. So 5/6, not bad!
- L.B. 367: I hope they relesead the game with the translation of Mato, Mato if you read this, i wanna thank you so much for the translation of this...