Cool MOTHER 3 Medley
January 12th, 2012 | MOTHER 1
Ultra translator Chewy has come through again – this time she’s translated a review of MOTHER 1 by Satoshi Tajiri, who went on to create Pokemon in the 90s. This review actually predates Pokemon, so I wonder how much influence MOTHER 1 (and maybe MOTHER 2) had on his inspiration for Pokemon’s game design.
At any rate, it’s a long and interesting read – I like how he digs in deeper and gets a little more critical than your average Japanese game reviewer. Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to MOTHER Reviewed by Pokemon Creator
Featured Item on eBay:
F/S LIMITED RARE MOTHER 2 Skelton tag BOOK MARK stipee JAPAN NESS Mr Saturn NEW
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...