EarthBound Title Screen in 3D
January 12th, 2012 | MOTHER 1
Ultra translator Chewy has come through again – this time she’s translated a review of MOTHER 1 by Satoshi Tajiri, who went on to create Pokemon in the 90s. This review actually predates Pokemon, so I wonder how much influence MOTHER 1 (and maybe MOTHER 2) had on his inspiration for Pokemon’s game design.
At any rate, it’s a long and interesting read – I like how he digs in deeper and gets a little more critical than your average Japanese game reviewer. Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to MOTHER Reviewed by Pokemon Creator
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!