EarthBound 64 in 64 Magazine
January 12th, 2012 | MOTHER 1
Ultra translator Chewy has come through again – this time she’s translated a review of MOTHER 1 by Satoshi Tajiri, who went on to create Pokemon in the 90s. This review actually predates Pokemon, so I wonder how much influence MOTHER 1 (and maybe MOTHER 2) had on his inspiration for Pokemon’s game design.
At any rate, it’s a long and interesting read – I like how he digs in deeper and gets a little more critical than your average Japanese game reviewer. Check out the article here!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to MOTHER Reviewed by Pokemon Creator
Leave a reply
- BobLikesToFart: I am making a mother 4 fangame and graphics are alkie
- Nintendork: I can already see people getting ahead of themselves, thinking that this is a ‘sign from Nintendo’. Still, very cool, even...
- pk_stan: In my digging for info on these, I found a site selling bags of 50 assorted figures for around 8,000 yen. I believe the site was for...
- MagikoopaMaster: 2013 really was a good year for the series wasn’t it?
- 2Sang: It would be really nice if there was a club nintendo reward like a poster or something earthbound-related.