Random Post:

Show Time Pollyanna

January 31st, 2012 | MOTHER 1, Videos

Riccardo sent in this video he made – it’s a really cool remake of the original MOTHER game’s intro:

Nice work, everyone involved!

28 Comments to MOTHER Intro Redux

Lalonde said on Jan. 31, 2012

…I never realised how much I NEED this to be a thing that actually happens. That is absolutely stunning and an incredible credit to the artist behind it, though unfortunately I get the feeling that the days of the elaborate title screen in gaming are kind of behind us, so if by some absurd chance a MOTHER remake did happen, something to this effect (or indeed, similar to the original in general) might not happen? idk I probably don’t know what I’m saying, but the point is, beautiful. Simply beautiful

Gallego said on Jan. 31, 2012

Wow. It’s cool.
This artist should help to the Mother 4 team to make some FMV scenes.

This video makes me want to play a HD Mother.

Anonymous said on Jan. 31, 2012

“My next project will be not from an old game but a dos-game from 1993.” Pretty sure 1993 is still considered quite old. It’s only 4 years after Mother. It’s also DOS. DOS is old.

Mato said on Jan. 31, 2012

Sometimes I still feel like I’m in the 90s too then I’m like holy crap it’s 2014?? Then I realize it’s only 2012 and it’s not so bad.

Poe said on Jan. 31, 2012

Yikes, that’s the scariest Giygas I’ve ever seen D:

Loved all the stuff before that, though. Giygas was cool, but way scary, so I did not love that 😉

Bionic said on Jan. 31, 2012

Hahaha that Giygas was pretty creepy! “Ness…ness…ness…” LOL!

Wow…that was awesome. What other game still has fans making such dedicated tributes like 20 years later? If only Nintendo could fully grasp the Mother series’ awesomeNESS!!!

Stevesesy said on Jan. 31, 2012

PSSSAHHH… I could make it creepier… and I have before! I just don’t know how to 3d…

Raffael said on Jan. 31, 2012

I couldn’t really appreciate it because I was so scared of the “Jump Scares” 🙁

FlyingManCourage said on Jan. 31, 2012

AWESOME!!!

Full-length movie now, please. I’ll wait here…

Minifig2401 said on Jan. 31, 2012

and i thought giygas couldn’t get any creepier. i knew something giygas related would happen when i saw him,but no love mother 1!

RetroJaro said on Jan. 31, 2012

I put a comment down, asking for a “cut down” version of this video without the giygas part.

BigDream said on Jan. 31, 2012

Ay yai yai!!!

TheBatFax said on Jan. 31, 2012

Makes me REALLY want to push start.

man said on Jan. 31, 2012

I’m really happy this guy got a mention here, you can tell he puts a lot of passion in his tributes. The Contra and Gradius 2 ones were awesome.

Joe said on Jan. 31, 2012

This would be PERFECT for a title sequence of a MOTHER movie! MAKE ONE NOW, SOMEBODY!!

DD said on Jan. 31, 2012

EeeeK! I jumped five feet when Giygas appeared. I should’ve paid attention when the video started flickering.

DJMankiewicz said on Jan. 31, 2012

I too think it would be great if someone made a Mother 1 movie in the style of an 80’s kid’s adventure movie. Then make Mother 2 in the style of a 90’s kid’s movie.

Anonymous said on Jan. 31, 2012

His Megaman intro is great too. I love it when people recreate title sequences (especially for Mother games) but this guy really captured it for me. The shots of space with the music playing softly in the background were very nicely done. I was tense when I first watched it with the jump scare warning but even though it freaked me out, I loved the Giygas static slowly building in the video.

As RetroJaro said, I think it would be interesting to see a second version without Giygas as well.

Anonymous said on Jan. 31, 2012

And that was one of the creepiest intros I have seen. I mean the part where Giygas interrupts.

kenisu said on Feb. 1, 2012

If this were an actual game, they could have just that minus the static/Giygas bits as a regular version for the title screen, then the Giygas freak-out version could be a randomly-generated title sequence, like one that only pops up once on average out of every 128 times the game is booted up.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, this is an unbelievably fantastic rendering!!

Leeaux said on Feb. 1, 2012

That logo just became my new background.

DusterRox190 said on Feb. 4, 2012

Thats really great wow

Anonymous said on May. 12, 2012

If i had to name the intro id name it Earthbound Gold

KA Gamer said on Jul. 11, 2012

As with all things like this, I got chills even before the “Jump Scares”

Herobrine said on Jul. 20, 2012

Truly the latter half of the video is a touching and beautiful peice of art.

M1Fan said on Sep. 29, 2012

I jumped out of my seat at the end.

PSIcicle said on Nov. 17, 2012

Giygas is even creeper here than in the game…you know, before his weird wavey form.

Mother2fan said on Dec. 28, 2013

Really cool! An HD Mother 1 opening!