January 9th, 2012 | EarthBound, Manga

By now I’m sure lots of EarthBound fans know about these, but Zac Gorman at Magical Game Time has been doing some awesome video game comics, a couple of which are EarthBound. Here’s one that caught many people’s eyes:

You should check them all out!

11 Comments to Magical Game Time + EarthBound

Satsy said on Jan. 9, 2012

I only ever saw the first of these before now. These are really sweet. Very children’s book, with all the magic that comes from it.

I want one I can use as my desktop wallpaper. :)

Lollita said on Jan. 9, 2012

oh… the one about jeff and tony is really good.

Radiostorm said on Jan. 9, 2012

The artist’s style meshes with the EarthBound aesthetic really well. It’s nice to see that people are still inspired by the game over a decade and a half after its release.

Azul said on Jan. 9, 2012

The second comic is very sad… but all are precious.

What'sHerFace said on Jan. 9, 2012

Oh, these are great. I especially like the last one; until now, while I always keep in mind that the Chosen Four are kids, I never really imagined them doing all the things I did at that age. I know if I had been given free rein of a hotel room with a bunch of my friends at age 13, I’d be jumping on the bed and staying up late, too!

Shyamalan said on Jan. 9, 2012

Oh man, these comics really spoke to me. I really love how a good videogame can be filled with so much emotion, that such references can trigger so many memories and nostalgia.

RandomGuardian said on Jan. 9, 2012

I love the last one. It’s almost poetic in a way.

Krennthief said on Jan. 9, 2012

These are beautiful… I have to agree with everything everyone else has said so far… This is very moving. I love the little aesthetic effects here and there, with, like, the snow and the stars.

The innocence these comics portray of the Chosen Four, plus the pure friendship that was instilled in each and every panel, all made for one of the most fantastic things I’ve seen all day. Thanks for showing us, Mato!

The Great Morgil said on Jan. 10, 2012

The narrative in the third one sounds awfully familiar. Is that like some famous poem or something?

Earthbound Girl said on Feb. 10, 2012

Good! If anyone has any questions about selling games and consoles, ask me!

FlyingManCourage said on Feb. 10, 2012

@Morgil – I’m pretty sure they are all rooted in famous poetry/literature/media. I seem to get that same familiar feeling from all of them, although I couldn’t tell you the sources for the life of me.