January 28th, 2012 | Auctions, Events, Itoi, MOTHER 1+2, Videos

Last week I posted some neat MOTHER 2-related swag on eBay, and this week I’m listing something even more epic: a copy of MOTHER 1+2 signed by none other than MOTHER/EarthBound series creator Shigesato Itoi himself!

I’m also including a bunch of other really rare items from the official MOTHER 1+2 event held in 2003, check it all out here!

Here’s Itoi signing boxes prior to the event – as far as I know this is the only one that’s ever been made available outside of Japan.

The full listing includes everything here:

I also took more photos than even Mr. Fuzzy Pickles would have – see them and all the juicy details here!

If you’re not sure what the MOTHER 1+2 event was, a good Japanese write-up (with pics) about it is here. I also subtitled this short documentary video about it a few years ago:

That reminds me that someday I really need to sit down and subtitle the whole talk show portion of the event. Most of the cool info is in the video above, though.

Anyway, I have more interesting stuff (some from this event and some not) I’m going to auction off down the road, so keep your noses peeled! In the meantime, you can check out some of my other EarthBound/MOTHER goodies here!

18 Comments to Itoi-Signed MOTHER 1+2 for Sale!

BigDream said on Jan. 28, 2012

A dream come true for a MOTHER fan!
BTW FIRST TO COMMENT!!!

TalonKhan said on Jan. 29, 2012

Note to self; Get eventual translated version of all three games released to America through sheer force of awesome get copy signed by itoi flaunt it in front of community while laughing maniacally. ]:3

Satsy said on Jan. 29, 2012

This does remind me I should probably sell my games. If only I could remember what happened to the boxes… In an odd turn contrary to the spirit of the topic at hand, I blame my mother for their disappearance.

Jason said on Jan. 29, 2012

I think this is one thing that I wouldn’t sell!

Pickle said on Jan. 29, 2012

That….that….

Oh gosh that’s conna cost more than a sealed copy of Earthbound, I can tell. How many cars will I need to sell to get it?

SonicUnderground said on Jan. 29, 2012

Wow… in just one day the price went from $16 to $510… im never gonna get earthbound. The price of it latley was going on the rise!

Mato said on Jan. 29, 2012

I’m actually surprised that the Japanese gaming scene has already picked up on it. I would’ve figured they’d be the last to hear about it 😛

Schlupi said on Jan. 29, 2012

O_o 510 dollars? Oh man… I’m so jelly I can’t afford this. ;O;

Dialga Thunderstar said on Jan. 29, 2012

I would like to meet the creators of EB and ask how they made up some of the things in the game, such as Moonside. I really wonder how they made up that twisted wonderland.

Dialga Thunderstar said on Jan. 29, 2012

Also a thought. There are fake cartriges of EB and EB0. How many designs are there to be found on fake carts?

? said on Jan. 30, 2012

what signature, all I see are 4 pubic hairs.

Poe said on Jan. 30, 2012

^ LOL, nice one.

SushiGummy said on Feb. 1, 2012

So, it goes up to $510 and 32 bids in the first day, then isn’t touched for the next 4 days?

Me thinks someone is bidding on their own auction.

Bionic said on Feb. 1, 2012

LOL SushiGummy, Mato is very reputable and there are like 10 or so different bidders for it. This usually happens whenever very rare Earthbound merch goes on sale. The price skyrockets on the first day, and then the rest of the bidders close in on the final hour. No one bids before then, because they don’t want the final price to be too high.

Bionic said on Feb. 1, 2012

Oh and PS, Mato, what does the message on that handbill say? I’m so curious about it! I wish I could read it, but I’m just now learning Japanese and only know the words for “elder” “child” and “swimming.” LMAO

Mato said on Feb. 1, 2012

SushiGummy: Nope, there’s no trickery involved. It did that by itself. It’s as Bionic says.

Bionic: I think I’ll translate it for a future update, actually. Thanks for the idea!

Nights said on Feb. 27, 2012

I won this! Received it today, thanks tomato! Couldn’t be happier. Its gone to a good home 🙂