January 25th, 2012 | EarthBound, Images

doctormoo on Reddit posted this cool custom EarthBound blanket a while back:

Having the main characters is cool, but somehow those rows of Mr. Saturn makes it even better. I think it’d be nice to play EarthBound on a really cold day while wrapped in this for warmth 🙂

10 Comments to EarthBound Blanket

Radiostorm said on Jan. 25, 2012

It’s amazing how well sprite art can be adapted to crafts such as knitting. I remember my mom used to net rugs, and – like sprites – the principles behind the patterns where all grid-based.

Mato said on Jan. 25, 2012

I just realized this looks exactly like this pic from a few years ago, even down to the order of characters and the direction of each one’s feet:

Radiostorm said on Jan. 25, 2012

PLAGIARISTS!

It was probably used as a model. It’s likely the artist would have used dark blue for the background regardless; it makes the yellow and pink areas of the sprites pop.

Leeaux said on Jan. 25, 2012

I remember on starmen.net many years ago, a guy made a series of Earthbound and Mother 3 matts. I tried to pay him to make me one, but alas nothing.

Wonder if this guy would be interested in making another for some funds.

FlyingManCourage said on Jan. 25, 2012

I was wondering the same thing Leeaux. I’d pay a good $50-$100 for an awesome piece like this.

Mato totally gave me a shot of nostalgia talking about wrapping up in a blanket on a cold day and playing video games. You’re right man, this would be the perfect blanket for a good session of EarthBound.

Great job whoever made this! It looks fantastic.

To add something thoughtful, I figured I’d point out that the “order” of the characters is not at all surprising. I would imagine MOST people who were doing some sort of “line-up” like this with main characters would put them in this order….given that’s how they appear in the game.

BigDream said on Jan. 25, 2012

EarthBound fans no matter how old will LUV this!

Tobias said on Jan. 25, 2012

wow I want this so bad!

Lessten said on Jan. 25, 2012

This+ a day to waste- sleep= ALL DAY MOTHER SERIES ATHON- PLAYTHROUGH THING!

Dialga Thunderstar said on Jan. 26, 2012

That is the most awesometasticful blanket I have ever seen.

Michelle Anderson said on Feb. 7, 2014

I would like to find a pattern and try myself ^_^

Find Merchandise!