January 20th, 2012 | Auctions, EarthBound

EarthBound prices are blasting off again – I’m not even sure where to begin this time 😯

Complete Copy of EarthBound, VGA Qualified 85+, No Reserve

First is this new copy of EarthBound that’s been VGA graded. As of the time of this posting, there are two days left on this auction, with the price currently at $2,325 and 39 bids. In other terms, we’ve entered the realm were EarthBound is now worth as much as this:

Apparently the VGA uses a microscope to tell if a game’s been played or not, and this particular game’s never been played. So if you want a brand-new copy, keep your eye on it!

Update: with 7 hours left, this is now at $4400 😯

Complete, Barely-Used Copy of EarthBound

If that new copy is too much for you, then there’s always this complete copy of EarthBound, selling for only $1189. So you’ll only need to sell a few gallons of your blood 😛

You might think these are just isolated cases, but in fact an unused copy of EarthBound sold a few days ago for $950.

If super-duper pristine copies aren’t important to you, complete copies do sell for a LOT less than these and I’d recommend them instead. As always, check out this page for info on how to get EarthBound as cheaply as possible.

16 Comments to Buy EarthBound Bye Wallet

KingDarian said on Jan. 20, 2012

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? D:

Remember when brand new, boxed copies of EarthBound went for $150 on eBay…and we used to think THAT was expensive?

RadicOmega said on Jan. 20, 2012

Holy Giygas that is VERY insane 0_0 ! EarthBound is the price of a car!!! *Faints*

Anonymous2 said on Jan. 20, 2012

i just searching for EB boxes on ebay because I was interested in selling just my box and wanted to see prices and i stumbled across this one, some kind of box ive never seen before, it looks like a rental case kind of, anyone know anything about this one?

MSKDM CKJML said on Jan. 20, 2012

Earthbound’s price’s are going crazy high! o.O

Sonic underground said on Jan. 20, 2012

Earthbound iis worth more than a car!!! :D… wait wat?

Anonymous2 said on Jan. 20, 2012

nevermind, that box i saw was a reproduction, scammer was trying to sell it for 60 bucks

Chewy said on Jan. 20, 2012

That’s it, I’m buying stocks in Earthbound.

Dio Brando said on Jan. 20, 2012

So, at this point, due to me being a poor college student, I can only assume that I’ll probably never have the spare money to nab EarthBound in its physical form. I mean, sure, one day I’ll graduate, presumably get a job, and have a better income, but by then copies of EarthBound will probably be reaching $10,000+.

Ah, oh well.

? said on Jan. 21, 2012

You could also just pick up the famicom version(~$10) and have someone re program the rom for you(~$20-$30).

Radiostorm said on Jan. 21, 2012

Pffftt, and Nintendo says Mother games don’t sell in the west.

Dosei-San said on Jan. 21, 2012

@Radiostorm. “LIKE” -.- this isn’t facebook 😛

FlyingManCourage said on Jan. 21, 2012

Pretty soon buying EarthBound and bailing out the Runaway Five will cost exactly the same amount of money.

Schlupi said on Jan. 22, 2012

O_o I wish I got a full set when they were cheap…

*sigh* one day, one day… I miss my MOTHER 3 Deluxe box too… well. time to save up. These are only getting more expensive by the day, so it’s a worthwhile investment…

Onett Resident said on Jan. 22, 2012

This is the reason I bought MOTHER 1+2, the prices are so insane theese days! I sincerly think Gyigas influeneced the sellers.

Ness said on Jan. 23, 2012

It’s up to 4350 DP folks.

[…] EarthBound Bubble? By Roo @ 10:35 pm / Jan/22/2012 As this article at EarthBound Central shows, the price for copies of EarthBound have been skyrocketing in recent years – matching the […]