MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview
December 4th, 2011 | EarthBound
Most fans know by now that in the Japanese versions of the MOTHER games, the special techniques are called “PK”, like PK Fire, PK Freeze, etc. while in EarthBound, these were changed to “PSI”, as in PSI Fire, PSI Freeze, and so on. More info here.
It’s important to note that although PK became PSI in the localization process, there ARE some techniques in the MOTHER games that have “PSI” in the name, like “PSI Magnet” or “PSI Shield”. Also, in these cases, “PSI” is pronounced in Japanese like the “sci” in “science”, although English players are split between saying that and the letters P-S-I.
Anyway, the real question is, why was PK changed to PSI in the localization process in the first place? I’m not really sure myself, except that maybe someone thought it was weird having PK and PSI techniques and just wanted to make them all the same. Any thoughts?
Also, how do you personally pronounce PSI? Vote in the poll!
Other Related Posts:
146 Comments to PK vs. PSI, What Gives?
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...