December 12th, 2011 | Auctions

If you frequent this site, then you probably know Onion, one of the awesome and serious collectors who manages to find all kinds of cool stuff. Well, he’s looking to lighten his collection a little bit to get some money, so if you’re into EarthBound/MOTHER merch, he’s got some stuff you might be interested in!

Big PVC Mr. Saturn Figure

This was available at the Japanese crane game machines for a short while last year. These are the biggest ones and really nice quality. Poe did a video about these a while back, check it out here:

Rare MOTHER 2 Prize Stickers

Now this is a collectors item for sure – only 200 were given out, and you won them by winning a bunch of Japanese crane game figures, jumping through a bunch of hoops, and then entering a drawing. More info here. Needless to say these are really hard to come by, especially outside of Japan.

MOTHER 1 Promotional Flier

This was promotional material used to advertise the first MOTHER game. I don’t see this very often, definitely worth grabbing if you’re more of a historical (or hysterical) collector.

So buy some stuff, get some cool rare merch of your own, and help out a fellow fan! And then Onion can finally build his Super Onion Machine.

17 Comments to Onion’s Cool Stuff up for Grabs

Bread said on Dec. 12, 2011

I AM BUYING NOW!!!

Yosh said on Dec. 12, 2011

None of these items is available in France, ebay blocks me =(

Poe said on Dec. 12, 2011

Oh snap, those stickers!! I didn’t know you had those, Onion :O

Satsy said on Dec. 12, 2011

I would go for the stickers, but then I would use them and then they’d be lost forever, never to see another collector. Kinda like my manga. But probably not as bad.

MoonSide said on Dec. 12, 2011

You could frame the stickers… I couldn’t even think of putting them on any object.

Miles of SmashWiki said on Dec. 12, 2011

Any chance whoever ends up with that flier could carefully get a scan of it? That’s the cleanest, least-cluttered version of that famous Mt. Itoi artwork I’ve seen.

Satsy said on Dec. 12, 2011

MoonSide: If it’s a sticker it goes on something. It’s one reason I like making Fangamer orders – stickers to stick on eeeeeeverything. But that’s just me. It’s also why I won’t go after the stickers. 😉

? said on Dec. 12, 2011

I’d better take that 70 billion dollars out of the bank so I can buy that poster…

CB said on Dec. 12, 2011

O_O thats some great stuff for sale, I’ll be keeping my eyes on the poster and stickers.

ben said on Dec. 12, 2011

I love that Ness’ dad is on the sticker sheet LOL

Jason said on Dec. 12, 2011

I wonder what would happen… if you put the stickers ON THE POSTER!??!?!?!?

😮

Shigesato Itoi said on Dec. 12, 2011

I now know your plan to take EarthBound 64!

KingDarian said on Dec. 13, 2011

There’s even cooler swag up for auction right now(on Yahoo! Japan): MOTHER 1+2 FROM THE LAUNCH EVENT SIGNED BY ITOI 😮 It even includes the ticket and a mini Mr. Saturn!

Onion said on Dec. 13, 2011

Ahhh, that’s not actually a poster. It’s a flyer on size A4 paper. I edited the description to reflect that. Sorry for any confusion.

@Poe – Yeah, I’ve got these but…not for too much longer I hope 😀 I love them but am trying to prune my collection down to the bare minimum and raise some money for life-related stuff in the process.

@Yosh – Sorry mate, but I have had my fair share of troubles with international sales.

EarthBounder13 said on Dec. 13, 2011

@Onion
No ones bid on your cool stickers so i’m gonna snatch them, MwahHAHAHAHAHA

FlyingManCourage said on Dec. 13, 2011

Onion. Congratulations on the bidding war you have inevitably created over that Mr. Saturn figure now that this has been made an article. 🙂

Looks like some cook stuff. I sure hope you are getting rid of it because you don’t need it and want other EB fans to enjoy it (as opposed to because you needed money).

TheMr.SaturnGuy said on Dec. 14, 2011

Now if only there were more Mr.Saturn plushes…..