December 9th, 2011 | EarthBound, Images, MOTHER 1, MOTHER 3

Visitante sent in these scans from a Spanish-language version of NGamer. It looks like it’s an article about the history of the MOTHER series. I don’t have a translation handy (used to know Spanish but it got pushed out when I learned Japanese, doh) so hopefully some language-knowers here can help translate.

It seems like EarthBound stuff is in NGamer magazines a lot:

There’s more I’ve probably forgotten. If you come across any other stuff like this, let me know!

10 Comments to MOTHER Series in Spanish NGamer

FJLink said on Dec. 9, 2011

Well, I’m from Spain, so I could translate it for you… But my guess is that someone is already doing it. Anyways, I love seeing this stuff. The series didn’t even get released here.

Bread said on Dec. 9, 2011

;D Not Much to say

LakituAl said on Dec. 9, 2011

It really doesn’t say much that we don’t know already. They call Itoi “an all around genius” and explain in a nutshell what the games are about. They mention Itoi’s works with Murakami and in My Neighbor Totoro.

Also, one of the footnotes mentions the fan-translation page, but it say “so you can know when it’s done”, so yeah, the translation pack for MOTHER 3 was still being worked on by then.

Bi the way, the tiny url they list leads here: http://www.1101.com/store/T/2007/intro/index.html
My Japanese is still very basic, but all I can say is I really feel sorry for the people in the plane…

man said on Dec. 9, 2011

That robot is holding an Axelay cart. That’s damn sweet.

Christie said on Dec. 9, 2011

I’m taking a hard Spanish class in high school right now and I was saying to myself today, “I’m going to study uber hard for this class! I’m going to find stories and stuff to read online this weekend to help practice my Spanish!” and then I come across this XD Thanks, Mato! I don’t think I’ll have the time to fully translate this but I’ll take a look at it to practice for class.

ben said on Dec. 9, 2011

I’ve never seen that EB64 screenshot before. Kumatora & Lucas?

RandomGuardian said on Dec. 10, 2011

Yeah Ben that’s what I thought. So little earthbound 64 coverage, I thought I have seen it all.

Also that’s why I love Spanish. Spanish like some other languages (eg German) are very similar to English when it comes to spelling or pronunciation. Read the last sentence in the main article. Don’t tell me that you couldn’t read it. You could atleast identify certain words right?

MoonSide said on Dec. 10, 2011

I’ve seen that picture before… but I don’t know where.

Bread said on Dec. 10, 2011

I called Nintendo and asked them to release Mother 3.
Have hope, have hope…

RodimusKrax said on Dec. 10, 2011

my god….the text is IDENTICAL to the Brazilian NGamer text about it, and came out YEARS before, i know because i collected Ngamer Brasil since 2007, shame that it was cancelled last year, but whatever, the page, the images is the same!
if someone is bothering to translate it, dont have to, it’s identical to the Brazilian one, if a Brazilian one is available.