Mother (Earthbound Zero) Famicom Japanese Import FC NES Nintendo

December 22nd, 2011 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 3, Videos

Here’s a Christmas light performance, courtesy of AwesomeHouseLights! The music is 16 Melodies, from the end of MOTHER 3:

Thanks to Major Glory for the tip!

14 Comments to MOTHER 3 Christmas Lights

BigDream said on Dec. 22, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EARTHBOUND/MOTHER FANS!!!!!!!!

blanonymous said on Dec. 22, 2011

and happy eb no matsuri

may all your flesh be intact

BigDream said on Dec. 22, 2011

blanonymous:

BTW can u explain to me what eb no matsuri means? My brain exploads everytime I try and think about what it means…

*Brain Exploads*

Satsy said on Dec. 22, 2011

… Well this is a little different now isn’t it!

Halloween said on Dec. 22, 2011

So intense

TMMDI said on Dec. 22, 2011

merry chrimbus boys and gawrls

blanonymous said on Dec. 22, 2011

I’m not exactly sure what you mean when you ask what it means but a loose translation would be “earthbound festival”

to put it as roughly as possible, “no” is a particle that functions similarly to “of” in english, and “matsuri” means festival, so more literally eb no matsuri means “festival of eb”, while we know eb is short for earthbound, so “festival of earthbound”

if you mean you don’t know what it is, then read this page and you can ask again if you still have any questions about the specifics of the thing

LucasPSI said on Dec. 22, 2011

Dear santa: Please bring MOTHER 3 to america.
-LucasPSI

Superstarmanriz said on Dec. 23, 2011

Amazing. On a side note, I finally, finally, FINALLY managed to purchase a copy of Earthbound yesterday!!!!

The Great Morgil said on Dec. 23, 2011

As awesome as it is using the Mother 3 music, I gotta admit, the synchronization seemed a tad off to me. I’ve seen some really spectacular light syncs before, but this one just seems to me like it was synchronized to a different song. It misses certain beats and the timing just feels a little off to me.

Still, I give them an A for effort. Not everyday you see someone try this with EB music.

Cloud said on Dec. 23, 2011

cool.how do they get the lights to do that?

DD said on Dec. 23, 2011

That was fun. I wonder what would happen if someone had lights to look like the 8 Melody symbols.

RandomGuardian said on Dec. 23, 2011

I was going to take my time and finish my mother 3 playthrough with all rare drops (thud charm, horus bandana, ect) and all PSI but I think tomorow Ill just play to the end. I want to beat the game by Christmas now that I have seen this. I am treating earthbound to much like a game and not enough like a story. :)

Merry holidays and a happy Christmas to you all.

NessDad said on Dec. 31, 2011

Now I’m in love with Christmas.

Find Merchandise!