Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #18

December 6th, 2011 | Auctions

Today we’ll take a look at stuff available exclusively on Japanese auctions – some real cool stuff’s popped up recently!

MOTHER 1+2 Event Flyers and Such

Here we have the Saturn Valley Express flyer handed out at the MOTHER 1+2 Event back in 2003, along with an even rarer flyer for the MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 novel reprints that happened after MOTHER 1+2 was released.

MOTHER 1+2 Special Edition Starman SMAAAASH T-Shirt

This is the King of Games Starman T-Shirt, but this particular one is really rare and was only given out in small numbers at the MOTHER 1+2 event. Most people just know it as the shirt Itoi wore during the event, though. More info here.

MOTHER 1+2 Event Staff Message

Incidentally, for more reference info and pics about all this stuff, check out the giant MOTHER 1+2 event merch haul that neonix scored a while back.

Brand new MOTHER 1, Unopened

Not much to say about this – this is a brand new, unopened copy of the first game in the series.

Brand new MOTHER 2, Unopened

And this is a brand new, unopened copy of MOTHER 2. If you’re a collector, you should store this in an airtight room surrounded by lions.

That’s all for now! Many thanks to Onion for his auction-spotting skills!

If you come across any cool auctions, let me know and I’ll post them here!

END COMMUNICATION

10 Comments to Merch Watch for Dec. 6, 2011

Darien said on Dec. 6, 2011

Would the lions do especially well in an airtight room? I’m not sure unopened Mother 2 carts need to be seasoned with dead lions.

blanonymous said on Dec. 6, 2011

i would rather implant it in a lion and surround the lion with airtight rooms

Bread said on Dec. 6, 2011

cool i wish i could buy stuff off yahoo jp

LakituAl said on Dec. 6, 2011

It includes messages from Shigesato Itoi, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Satoru Iwata.

I’m afraid the item description is incomplete. It should also say it produces free Piggy Jelly, ups your Offense and Defense by 45 and grants wishes..

Person said on Dec. 6, 2011

“I’m not even sure what to call this – it’s basically a hand-out event attendees got. It includes messages from Shigesato Itoi, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Satoru Iwata.”

Can someone translate?

Also, how close is Miyamoto to the Mother series? Did he work closely with Itoi?

Mato said on Dec. 6, 2011

I can’t remember the exact interview(s), but I’m pretty sure that Miyamoto said at one point that he only watched the projects from afar and didn’t do much with them himself.

VERY quickly, the messages say:

* Thank you for coming today. Please continue enjoying the games forever and ever.

* Please enjoy the games through time/beyond time/well into the future

* I’ve never really been sure whether or not Mother should be part of the list of my creations, alongside things like Mario and Zelda. The Mother series is Mr. Itoi’s creation, and they are very memorable games to me.

(These are very rough so don’t quote them fully. Someone with more time, feel free to do better translations!)

neonix said on Dec. 8, 2011

Hmm, I really like that flyer for the novels. The layout is nice. I miiight take a shot at it if the price doesn’t go too high.

Kyle15 said on Dec. 8, 2011

As far as I know, those games didn’t come shrinkwrapped. Nintendo’s games weren’t sealed in Japan until the GameCube came around. (From what I’ve been told and seen, of course.)

neonix said on Dec. 8, 2011

^Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re right. That doesn’t look like shrinkwrap on the MOTHER game, more like a plastic cover the owner put it in to protect it.

Onion said on Dec. 13, 2011

44,944円….after fees and shipping that will be well over $600. If anyone here managed to score, post up pics!

Find Merchandise!