Random Post:

Playing MOTHER 3 Blind

December 2nd, 2011 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

Juanito says:

You have to listen to this! It’s an excellent, polished jazz rendition of the EarthBound theme and Fourside. It was made by a professional jazz musician and it shows. It’s leagues above the usual fan-made stuff.

It’s from the album Retro Remix Revue. Despite its excellence, it’s incredibly obscure.

So here you go:

Indeed, it’s some very excellent stuff! I can almost hear it being used in a show or a movie or something. Or maybe the credits of an EarthBound movie 😛

12 Comments to Jazzy EarthBound Remix

Satsy said on Dec. 2, 2011

Verry nice. Makes for a nice laid-back atmosphere.

The Great Morgil said on Dec. 2, 2011

“Or maybe the credits of an EarthBound movie”

Yeah, like that’ll ever happen [Mr. Pessimistic]

Nice remix, though.

Leeaux said on Dec. 2, 2011

The quality of this is pretty impressive

MG said on Dec. 2, 2011

Aw, looks like the website for this has been replaced with a domain squatter.

G.Wicks said on Dec. 2, 2011

The whole album is available on amazon, even in MP3 format. You can buy the whole album (it’s actually pretty good!) or buy individual tracks. I really enjoy it!

DD said on Dec. 2, 2011

Indeed. This is a good remix. Wish I knew about this album earlier.

I think it would be interesting if someone submitted a new Earthbound remix to Dwelling of the Duels. This month the theme is Nintendo Versus Sega.

Kyle said on Dec. 2, 2011
American Gamer said on Dec. 2, 2011

Yeah the drum fills around the 6 minute mark are awesome

JRokujuushi said on Dec. 2, 2011

@Kyle – That’s volume 1. This track is from volume 2.

I got volume 1 off of iTunes a while ago, but I didn’t know there was a volume 2 until seeing this post. The whole album’s worth checking out. It has an amazing arrangement of Gerudo Valley, and the album’s worth it for that track alone.

Starman 99 said on Dec. 3, 2011

These albums really are incredible. I’ve listened to them on my favourite VGM internet radio site quite a bit, and the Earthbound track always stood out to me.

May as well take the opportunity to mention some other Mother-related music that’s worth checking out… let’s see, ThePlasmas has a few covers such as “Finally the Cult is EarthBound” and “Pokey Means Madness!” that are good heavy metal songs. Entertainment System, on their album Entertainment System 64, has a really great version of the Giygas music. And of course, there’s Bound Together, the massive remix album from some years back.

Anta said on Dec. 8, 2011

I’ve seen something like this.

But I don’t know how to take the song from this website or its origin!

Clockwork64 said on May. 6, 2012