Another Big Itoi Interview Translated
Esther Zinn recently sent this in:
I was one of the unlucky people who didn’t win the Earthbound poster a couple of weeks ago (lol.) So I decided to contact Adam Shub, an artist who specializes in creating paintings of retro video game scenes to paint my cat and I waiting outside of the Chaos Theater for tickets, because that’s my favorite area of the game. Adam, who is also just as much of an Earthbound fanatic, was more than happy to oblige and created an awesome painting that actually looks like a screenshot of the game!
His website is here, complete with a portfolio of other projects he’s done (including other Earthbound paintings: link
I gotta agree, I think having a painting of something like this would be awesome to have hanging on a wall. Some of his past stuff here is pretty cool!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to An EarthBound Painting
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...