Giant Mr. Saturn Event Round-Up
A common question I see from EarthBound players is, “When does the game decide when an enemy will drop an item and which item it’ll drop after you beat it?”
Some games decide this right after you defeat each individual enemy, but in EarthBound’s case, the determination is made when you touch the enemy while walking around outside. What this means is that if you’re trying to cheat using save states to get the Sword of Kings or something, make sure your save state is BEFORE you touch the enemy, otherwise the determination will already have been made.
Now, I’m not exactly sure what happens when you touch an enemy and a bunch of other enemies come running to join the fight. Any PK Hackers out there know what happens in those cases? If I was the programmer, I’d probably be lazy and not do anything different in those cases, but then again EarthBound’s programming is crazy so who knows 😛
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Winning Items in EarthBound
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...