MOTHER Remake Hack Coming Along Nicely
A common question I see from EarthBound players is, “When does the game decide when an enemy will drop an item and which item it’ll drop after you beat it?”
Some games decide this right after you defeat each individual enemy, but in EarthBound’s case, the determination is made when you touch the enemy while walking around outside. What this means is that if you’re trying to cheat using save states to get the Sword of Kings or something, make sure your save state is BEFORE you touch the enemy, otherwise the determination will already have been made.
Now, I’m not exactly sure what happens when you touch an enemy and a bunch of other enemies come running to join the fight. Any PK Hackers out there know what happens in those cases? If I was the programmer, I’d probably be lazy and not do anything different in those cases, but then again EarthBound’s programming is crazy so who knows 😛
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Winning Items in EarthBound
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...