Ultimate Chimera Shirt Restocked
A common question I see from EarthBound players is, “When does the game decide when an enemy will drop an item and which item it’ll drop after you beat it?”
Some games decide this right after you defeat each individual enemy, but in EarthBound’s case, the determination is made when you touch the enemy while walking around outside. What this means is that if you’re trying to cheat using save states to get the Sword of Kings or something, make sure your save state is BEFORE you touch the enemy, otherwise the determination will already have been made.
Now, I’m not exactly sure what happens when you touch an enemy and a bunch of other enemies come running to join the fight. Any PK Hackers out there know what happens in those cases? If I was the programmer, I’d probably be lazy and not do anything different in those cases, but then again EarthBound’s programming is crazy so who knows 😛
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Winning Items in EarthBound
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?